Jump to content

do the e-cigs work?


Recommended Posts

Posted

my mom quit smoking but started up again last year. i dont know what to get her for xmas. i was thinking maybe the e-cigs or w.e there called. does it actually work? where can i buy them?

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"
Posted
my mom quit smoking but started up again last year. i dont know what to get her for xmas. i was thinking maybe the e-cigs or w.e there called. does it actually work? where can i buy them?

google.

they do work actually. they taste just like a cig would, but do not give any of the ill effects. i know 4 or 5 people who have quit smoking all together, after they started using the "e-cig"

i will warn you though, that they can get pretty pricey. good luck!

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Posted

I've got mixed reviews from friends that have them. One loves it and uses it to smoke inside his house and his truck but still smokes regular cigarettes too. Another buddy couldn't get used to the water vapor you inhale.

I would say if she is ready to quit then this will be helpful if she can get used to it.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Posted

I use e-cigs. Do they work? Well it's no different than car audio, If you don't research you will overpay big time and not get good results.

Here is a good starter kit for a good price Starter Kit

It's the one I started with, Great taste and good vapor. You will also want to get a bottle of e-juice to go with it. If she is a heavy smoker maybe try a 10 milliliter bottle of 24mg juice. Light smoking try an 18 mg bottle.

Flavors come in everything from Cola to french toast, Tobacco, Cotton Candy, Blueberry cheesecake. Etc..

Edt: Everything you ever wanted to know about e-cigs is here-----> E-cig forum

Posted

I tried one and liked it an awful lot. Technically you can even use them indoors (they come with a special card to show somebody) like at bars and stuff.. but I've never seen someone doing that.

They are totally illegal on airplanes, unfortunately :(

images-1.jpg
Posted
Ive got a friend who got one (didn't smoke) just for the fun of it. He seems to enjoy making his own flavors a little bit too much...

That sounds cool, it would be more like a portable hookah then. I approve.

I wish I remembered the website to get these though. There was a ban on the import of them for a while by the FDA or something, but not sure if that is still in effect. That just drove up the prices.

images-1.jpg
Posted
Ive got a friend who got one (didn't smoke) just for the fun of it. He seems to enjoy making his own flavors a little bit too much...

Same thing I was thinking of doing, videos look like a mini-hookah, esp. with the different flavors.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

Posted

2 of my friends use some electronic cigs called Blu's

The tips light up blue when you take a drag, and you exhale smoke which is actually water vapor i believe.

Ive tried all the flavors in their start pack, and menthol and regulars taste almost identical to a real ciggy.

My first time I took some very big hits from the blu and was choking my ass off!!! It was almost like pulling a big hit from a vaporizer, and not noticing how big of a hit you took til it was too late.

Needless to say, the blu's made 2 long time smokers of mine stop buying packs of smokes in the 4 or 5 months they had them and just puffing on these alone. I dont think its an alternative to helping you quit, but I think its almost a cleaner smoke since you dont have all the chemicals in the tobacco and papers such as formaldehyde and whatever makes the smokes now days "firesafe".

http://www.blucigs.com/

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4659 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...