DC Sound Lab Jeep Part III - <154.4 Bass Race>

lol we will talk when you come up here
i have a question? i thought it was not a good idea to use plywood even if its birch to make a box. reason i say this i use to work at a plywood mill and some of the best sheets of plywood we made had some imperfections inthe middle of the plywood. reason being not enough glue being applied. and then we called the ply (BLOW) and we sold it for a cheaper price. basically small air pockets in the wood. so this is why im asking is it ok to use plywood because thats what i wanted to do. i cant get1'mdf but can get it in plywood. im just curious is all.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

i have a question? i thought it was not a good idea to use plywood even if its birch to make a box. reason i say this i use to work at a plywood mill and some of the best sheets of plywood we made had some imperfections inthe middle of the plywood. reason being not enough glue being applied. and then we called the ply (BLOW) and we sold it for a cheaper price. basically small air pockets in the wood. so this is why im asking is it ok to use plywood because thats what i wanted to do. i cant get1'mdf but can get it in plywood. im just curious is all.

From what I've seen with my use of ply, if you get the cheap ply from lowes/home depot you risk voids large enough to ruin the entire sheet (P and I have wasted a few dollars doing this) but the very nice ply from your local lumber yard typically won't have large enough voids to cause any problems with a subwoofer enclosure. While cutting the stuff pictured, I could not find a single pocket no matter how small. VERY impressed and hope to use more of it in the future to keep strength up and weight down.

lookin' good man...build faster though :D

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

Archived