My HIDs (not futurevision :( )

I have said in .. 2 threads? About the problems I have had with my HIDs thanks to crap ebay quality. I can't find those threads so I'll say it again, I have made a video now too that I will also include.

First off, I paid $150 for the kit off of ebay (I can't remember the guy's name, but I'm sure they are all crap - I wouldn't recommend getting them from ebay) I got them, put them in an one wasn't the same color as the other one. I told them and they said to call them.. so I did, the guy answers and he can barely speak English, we didn't get anywhere as I couldn't understand him so I eventually told him I would send him an email and I hung up. I then sent him an email telling him that I couldn't understand the person that answered the phone and email would be better as I would have proof then.. he sent the email back and it was obviously he didn't like it very much, just gave me the address and told me to send them back. So I did... $10. He gets them and says they are fine, but he wants me to buy some sort of other wire ($75) just in case..I said no and he said he couldn't send them back if I didn't. Finally after a month of "fighting" with him to get him to send them back without the wire (I had to report to ebay), he agreed, then said he couldn't find my HIDs..after about a week he said he found them, it cost me another $10 to get them sent back. They worked fine (maybe he fixed them? or switched them? who knows) .. for 3 or 4 days, then the discoloration came back..I know how much trouble it is with this asshole to have to send them back so I just basically ignored it. After 2 months of them working fine (besides the color) one melts, (luckily it doesn't affect the other one) and I guess I'll just have to deal with it till I can get some money and throw them and get some futurevisions :D

I'll get a picture of how it's melted if I can find my halogen bulbs, I need to takes the HIDs out anyways because I need to get my oil changed and don't know if they'll say my warranty is void with the HIDs in there - better to be safe than sorry :D

damn that sucks man

TEAM NEMESIS

my system

1) us amps MD3D, us amps md21

2) kicker solo x 12 in 2.7ft^3 at 37hz

Meca scores

1 xxx12" 141.8db at 40hz,

1 18 rd alpha v.2 145 db at 38hz , 2 12 orion hp 144.9 at 43hz

Refs: hollatchaboy, schrummy, nitro_freak1,Brandon15zzz,Hellbound Train

i bought a shitty onex set that they sell on ebay.. i didn't get them on ebay though.. but they run around 50 dollars.. and my set works great... so probably just the company you got them from

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

that could be too.. anyways there should be a warranty on those ballasts.. so just call em up and they will probably have you send that one in.. and send you out another one.. and you should be good to go

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

that could be too.. anyways there should be a warranty on those ballasts.. so just call em up and they will probably have you send that one in.. and send you out another one.. and you should be good to go

Not worth the trouble, and it's not the ballast because I switched the bulbs around, it's the one bulb.. and it has been since the beginning. I found my halogens and am going to go swap my hids out and I'll take a picture of the hids. I don't know about yours, but mine are plastic (the base part - which is what melted) futurevision's appear to be metal.

I just took the HIDs out.. here's a picture of where it melted :censored: :censored:

5vas5s.jpg

let us know the seller's name on ebay so nobody else buys from him

Sadly, I forgot.. and I believe that ebay deletes your PMs after a month. I'll see if I have his name in an email though (I should) and put it here :)

you said you paid 150 bucks for the kit.. that' s a pretty expensive kit..

bi-xenon, also that included the shipping which was like $42 or something. I just looked and it seems as though ebay bixenon's are going for between $50 and $100 now o.O quality probably went down even more rofl

Edited by somerandomguy