Whats your biggest peeve that people do when it comes to car audio?

After reading his post again, I think he was focusing on the fact that people ask him if he carries Fi subs, not so much that they said it wrong. I'm 99% sure it's pronounced "Fi". I think his several pronunciations were to emphasize how little the peeps knew about the speakers they're talking about

bingo!

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

i always say FI as in "eff eye", i get annoyed when people say "pheye"

but yea ppl who try to show off their system and just distort the shit out of their music

ppl who think they know everything about car audio

ppl who are stubborn and wont listen to you when you try and help them out

when you tell somebody what kind of subs you have (like DC, American Bass, AQ, Fi, etc) and they just give you a funny look

when ppl say sundown, cactus, dc amps, etc. are cheap Chinese made amps

when someone tries to install shit themselves and fucks everything up and then call you for help or to fix it

just because you have a system then everybody at work wants you to install their shit and help them pick out their speakers and their subs and their amps...

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

No. the "F" is actually silent and the "I" makes an "E" sound like in spanish.

wrong.

"FIGH" is how its pronounced

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...st&p=434525

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

not bashing steve, but when some one watches his videos, goes into a car audio store * i help my buddy run his sometimes when hes swamped, and they come in wanting to do 20k rms systems and have no electrical to back it, or want to spend the cash to get their electrical up to handle all the power....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

It has been said already but when all the setting on the headunit are maxed out and the gain on the amp is 3/4-max and when they turn it up all you hear is the distorted speakers and clipped subs dying.

I feel sorry for the equipment...they don't know what's coming... :mellow:

what pisses me off even more is when the speakers blow they go "oh ill just return them at best buy (or wherever) and get new ones for free"

what pisses me off even more is when the speakers blow they go "oh ill just return them at best buy (or wherever) and get new ones for free"

why does that piss you off?

3 years ago my ex bought me an X-box 360 with a warranty. it broke down on me 3 times. every single time we got a new one for free.

If they paid extra for a warranty, then its all good.

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

not bashing steve, but when some one watches his videos, goes into a car audio store * i help my buddy run his sometimes when hes swamped, and they come in wanting to do 20k rms systems and have no electrical to back it, or want to spend the cash to get their electrical up to handle all the power....

Even better is when they want to waste your time for a half hour and buy nothing. "well I was just wondering I guess".

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived