Enclosure Design Database on SMD?

What do you not understand about "picture-only?" The point is to avoid having to make or look through 1000 different threads. Why should you care how someone else uses the information they get?

The biggest problem would be just like Accordman said above^^. I think that pics would create questions, yes, but more educated questions.

Didn't read thru it all, but love this idea. What else would be nice is after a design has been done, if we could have a thread dedicated just to the designs that no one can reply in...like the build logs in a sense. This would allow people to look thru there first and see if there's something they might like/ want to use.

I Like this, because here soon, I may need help (well I always need help, but no one here can help me with that :D )

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

What do you not understand about "picture-only?" The point is to avoid having to make or look through 1000 different threads. Why should you care how someone else uses the information they get?

The biggest problem would be just like Accordman said above^^. I think that pics would create questions, yes, but more educated questions.

if u want a picture only thread then a mod needs to lock it and update it... so u would need a mod in on this to work like that

so u want a bunch of generic boxes or people to post the boxes they made/designed in one thread

i know some of us get paid to design boxes, so i dont like to post dimensions, if the customer wants to thats fine

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Sealed, vented, and bandpass sections?

We do need a moderator's input on this. Chode, come out of the 18+ and hop on this.

Is this something that is within the realm of possibility on SMD or are we pissing into the wind? I don't see why not. After all, this could be a very popular thread!

this would take A LOT of time to build up but could be worth it

organize it alphabetically by manufacturer

but there are some woofers that like 16-20 sq inches of port and some that like 10-14 sq inches. so that could be difficult to deal with

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

this would take A LOT of time to build up but could be worth it

organize it alphabetically by manufacturer

but there are some woofers that like 16-20 sq inches of port and some that like 10-14 sq inches. so that could be difficult to deal with

precisely

this would only work if ur posting ideas, not boxes someone else could use, because each sub has different requirements... depending on car and amp and listeners taste

so if the idea is to inspire ideas when creating your own box, thats cool...

if someone asks me to do a box for 2 12 kicker cvrs and ive already designed a box before the requests, im not going to just recycle the same box, i will again redo it for what the customer wants and needs

this will not work as a thread to look into if u want an easy premade box design, because there are too many variables when u can just make a thread and ask whats best for my subs/amp/car

have u ever looked at the "1/4wave tutorial" or the "official bumpin song list"? do u see how unorganized it is? and how hard it is to find info YOU need... eventually the thread would die from size, as most do if they arent cleaned up... or the mod working on it loses interest and poof, there goes the idea

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived