DC Sound Lab

can level 4xl's take 4400 watts rms?

www.dcsoundlab.com [email protected] or you could look

http://dcsoundlab.com/contact.html

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Buy the DCs they will handle that power no problem. Not to mention there is no way you will see 2200 per amp running 1ohm on 12 volts in the real world. But on that note like few people have said set that shit up PROPERLY! I see guys with the bass boost cranked to "get more power" or the gains maxed out, even the Xovers pinned just because they think to the max will be loudest... Oh dear!!!

i have one lvl 4 xl 15 dual 2 on a aq2200, i blew it once, its tuned to 38htz and box size is 3.5. So im not sure if i would recomend it. thats why i asked those that run these subs at higher power how it is they do it and not blow them unless they dont realy turn it up or they dont have the power they think they have?????????????????????

u get what i mean...............

its something you are doing. i clamped my amps and im getting 1750w per sub. i did a ton of testing, at least an hour of burps and bass races. my subs didnt even get warm. room temp at best. sssooooo, my best guess would be that you are clipping. remember this could be at the amp, hu or even the song itself. however it could be the box. i just looked at your build really quick and i think your port looks a little small for 14 cubes. maybe too much pressure is building up inside the box and they arnt moving as much as they should.

how are you so sure that you arnt clipping?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Is cranking the bass boost knob really a no no?

YES

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Explain?

ill do a very quick one because its explained a lot on here and its late, i want to go to sleep.

head units clip before max volume, lets just say 3/4 volume is your maxed clean volume. now you set your gains at this volume. it you "crank up" the bass knob you increase the signal output. now since you are already at the max signal before clipping because you did your tuning correctly (hint hint) if you add to it with the bass boost it will mean a clipped signal.

its an artificial signal booster. "cranking it up" will almost always mean very hard clipping. i may demo this and add it to my videos. look up my thread on clipping/gains and ill see about adding a video on this.

clipping turns a regular wave towards a square wave and generates heat instead of acoustic energy...which overdrives your speakers to fail thermally and sometimes mechanically i beleive.

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components