Second Skin Audio

SecondSkin Pricing Change for 2010?

I recently saw an email from Dynamat stating that all their prices would increase for 2010 due to the rising prices of the raw materials used to produce the Dynamat line of products, specifically the Dynamat Xtreme, which is seeing a 10% increase in cost (as if Dynamat in general isn't already expensive enough).I was just curious what Ant had to say about these "rising prices of raw materials" and if SecondSkin would be changing any of their prices?

I recently saw an email from Dynamat stating that all their prices would increase for 2010 due to the rising prices of the raw materials used to produce the Dynamat line of products, specifically the Dynamat Xtreme, which is seeing a 10% increase in cost (as if Dynamat in general isn't already expensive enough).I was just curious what Ant had to say about these "rising prices of raw materials" and if SecondSkin would be changing any of their prices?

Actually I think that the price increase on raw materials came last year.

In the last 2 years I have seen 6 price inceases from my raw material vendors.

It just kept going up and up and up.

I suspect that Dynamat saw the same thing and they just held off as long as they could.

Now, that times are tough, they have to pass that increase on to customers.

We had a small price increase a while ago but have nothing on the books as of now.

Plus, by having a price incrase dynamat gets to focus on the customer that are willing to spend more money with them, thus making up for the ones that drop off because o fthe price increase.

ANT

Edited by second skin rep
secondskin_468x60.gif

i hope it doesnt go up anymore, sound dampening is already expensive as of now :blink:

Alpine 9886

Polk Audio 6.5 Component db series

Elemental Designs nine.4

JL Audio 1000/1

DC Lvl 4 15" - 3.95 cu ft/tuned to 32 hz

Clarion EQS746

Stinger Voltage Meter

Optima Yellow Top (Front)

XS Power 1200 (Rear)

All KnuKonceptz Wiring

In the last 2 years I have seen 6 price inceases from my raw material vendors.

It just kept going up and up and up.

I suspect that Dynamat saw the same thing and they just held off as long as they could.

ANT

Well in the email they sent out they did state that the prices have been rising for a while now and they are forced to increase costs to keep up, so I think what you said about holding off for as long as they could is correct.Oh well.Who needs Dynamat when you have SecondSkin anyways ;) Thanks Ant.

• 1 month later...
Well in the email they sent out they did state that the prices have been rising for a while now and they are forced to increase costs to keep up, so I think what you said about holding off for as long as they could is correct.Oh well.Who needs Dynamat when you have SecondSkin anyways ;) Thanks Ant.

Some people wants to pay more for less product, with the dynamat logo on it!!!

More seriously, I think Dynamat is well known(lots of ads, tv shows,...), and it's sold quite everywhere, not only on the internet. So, you might have heared of Dynamat and not Secondskin.

Some people call this product dynamat, whatever brand it is !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Some people wants to pay more for less product, with the dynamat logo on it!!!

More seriously, I think Dynamat is well known(lots of ads, tv shows,...), and it's sold quite everywhere, not only on the internet. So, you might have heared of Dynamat and not Secondskin.

Some people call this product dynamat, whatever brand it is !

Very true..

Every day someone calls me and asks how much my Dynamat costs, or, how mu dynamat compares to the real Dynamat.

They have the name locked down for sure!

ANT

secondskin_468x60.gif

Very true..

Every day someone calls me and asks how much my Dynamat costs, or, how mu dynamat compares to the real Dynamat.

They have the name locked down for sure!

ANT

***raises hand

guilty hahah, i think i used the D word accidently a few times while talkin to Ant.....sorry man ive been trying to re-train myself :D

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

***raises hand

guilty hahah, i think i used the D word accidently a few times while talkin to Ant.....sorry man ive been trying to re-train myself :D

I heard the hell out of that! :lol:

I try to catch myself but when its been the household name it takes some work.

I do find when someone asks me about my Dynamat and I correct them, it usually turns into a good selling pitch for the second skin guys :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

• 2 weeks later...