How do you check for clipping?

inm

Yeah mine doesn't either but just like he said its clipping for over 30db...most songs are about 18-20db, some lower and some louder...loudest I've seen is the 320kbps of In the Air Tonight which is 25db

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Yeah mine doesn't either but just like he said its clipping for over 30db...most songs are about 18-20db, some lower and some louder...loudest I've seen is the 320kbps of In the Air Tonight which is 25db

which just means someone added -5db sine waves for the bass

plenty of my stuff goes above 25db all the time... you need to highlight 1/2 second to get the most accurate average

dj billy is 28db usually

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I've never tested songs like DJ Billy and Bass Meks...just normal rap songs...most likely, that 320 mix is loud but he didn't just add bass he added musical notes with the bass which IMO made it awful...gonna have to stick with the 128 version until somebody wants to add bass to a CD Quality mp3 of the song

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I've never tested songs like DJ Billy and Bass Meks...just normal rap songs...most likely, that 320 mix is loud but he didn't just add bass he added musical notes with the bass which IMO made it awful...gonna have to stick with the 128 version until somebody wants to add bass to a CD Quality mp3 of the song

the kbps doesnt have anything to do with loudness.... same thing with everyone searching for CDQ.... it matters how loud the producer recorded it, period, and what alterations have occured since that, if any

which "In the Air" are you talking about, Bigpimpn91s?

you know i can put a song thru audacity thats 96kbps and i have it saved as 192kbps max... guess what happens once i alter my songs and u look at the kbps... says 192 regardless of the fact is was 96 to begin with

so kbps doesnt mean much now does it (as long as its above 96 usually)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I know that...but the 320 rip vs the 128 is much louder in volume, not sure who's it is I got it from another member on here...I know all about the kbps not "really" mattering...96kbps is horrible, 128 is the lowest I go if I rip a song...If a song is ripped in 320 and you have a high end stereo system you can actually tell the difference...although I don't have one so I'm not 100%

I know its illegal but when I download albums off the internet I only get group rips because you can tell the difference in quality between a grouprip in vbr and a regular rip, EAC is the best though but are hard to find.

I do want to thank you though for the clarification about highlighting 1/2 sec, I was confused when I would highlight like 15 secs and get a diff freq/db level then when I highlight just a single bass note in the song

2015 Mazda 6

Archived