skittlesRgood Posted January 5, 2010 Report Posted January 5, 2010 Who is that? I am tripleb45 and that is who I will be. If anything tripleb45 jr. I am not another hugger the ONLY reason I am SETTLING with 4 btl's is because I want to begin on my build. you know who alpine is lol. he has 6 18"s doing the number you want to get to. but it was just a joke dude lol calm down. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
tripleb45 Posted January 5, 2010 Author Report Posted January 5, 2010 if the OP sticks with just one amp for all 4, or even all 6 drivers, he is going to have HELLA impedance rise. I dont think he will ever see a true 1-2ohm load from that amp. This makes a lot of sense, but I don't truly want to run my btl's on 3500 watts each. I think that is a little overkill and I am thinking more along the lines of .5 ohms. Steve from stetsom said that it is capable, so I guess I will find out. But true statement.
tripleb45 Posted January 5, 2010 Author Report Posted January 5, 2010 you know who alpine is lol. he has 6 18"s doing the number you want to get to. but it was just a joke dude lol calm down. I wasn't mad. lol I was just making that clear I don't want to be labeled as a nut hugger of anyone. I honestly have no idea who alpine or alpine jr is. FML
Marlo Stanfield Posted January 5, 2010 Report Posted January 5, 2010 I know the guy from Stetsom said it was capable to run it @ .5ohm daily, but it's far from suggested I know that.. I personally wouldn't run it that low for daily by any means, especially since if anything goes wrong you're pretty much fucked for a very expensive amp. 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN. Pioneer AVIC-N2 (12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s 26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area 156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace
skittlesRgood Posted January 5, 2010 Report Posted January 5, 2010 I wasn't mad. lol I was just making that clear I don't want to be labeled as a nut hugger of anyone. I honestly have no idea who alpine or alpine jr is. FML post #2 If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
tripleb45 Posted January 5, 2010 Author Report Posted January 5, 2010 no sir i will not be alpine jr lol
ALPINE408 Posted January 6, 2010 Report Posted January 6, 2010 lol want pics of my burban with 6 or 8 18 fi btl's in it JR???? lmao j/k let me tell ya your gonna need a lot more than you think here is what i was using for power 2 stetsom 7k2d's at 16 volts getting almost 10'000 watts per amp with 6 18's 3 sd 12k's does 161 15 batts 2 alts over 300 feet of 2/0 welding cabel oh dont forget the bracing i dont think u have a clue on what your getting yourself into but all the luck when you get done ill put my burban agasnt yours Have you ever had your woofers blown?
newls1 Posted January 6, 2010 Report Posted January 6, 2010 bet your kidding right? I personally dont think you have the first clue either . Alpine is "seasoned" in this. I think you are just digging your foot deeper into your mouth. I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
tripleb45 Posted January 6, 2010 Author Report Posted January 6, 2010 dude I just PMed him and was joking. Oh yeah I am not the type to count myself out, maybe you are but I am in it to win it. I know he is "seasoned" but .......whatever man
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.