Sp33dyG Posted January 6, 2010 Report Posted January 6, 2010 the xxx's are better on the lows but these mx will hand the xxx their asses with overall reproduction of music the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray. Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt
AI James Posted January 6, 2010 Report Posted January 6, 2010 its a pretty big difference, but like i said you loose alot on the other end
wL<3bass Posted January 6, 2010 Report Posted January 6, 2010 Next car stereo I build is gonna be designed strictly for low stuff 30hz and less. Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
Destram Posted January 6, 2010 Author Report Posted January 6, 2010 Yeah, around 30 hz is what I'm wanting without losing the higher frequencies. You said it's a big difference, but would I still be getting those lows? While large TL numbers are nice and all, I'd rather get the lows and be happy playing daily. 2006 BMW 325i My feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77301-official-destram-feedback/
Destram Posted January 6, 2010 Author Report Posted January 6, 2010 So it sounds like the MX wins according to you. That sounds good to me..they're a good bit cheaper than the XXXs. Thanks for the replies. Greg at US Amps said the MX was discontinued, but I'm waiting on a phone call from him. I'm hoping they have some sitting around the shop that never sold or something. If not, there's a store on eBay that's selling them. 2006 BMW 325i My feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77301-official-destram-feedback/
AI James Posted January 6, 2010 Report Posted January 6, 2010 So it sounds like the MX wins according to you. That sounds good to me..they're a good bit cheaper than the XXXs. Thanks for the replies.Greg at US Amps said the MX was discontinued, but I'm waiting on a phone call from him. I'm hoping they have some sitting around the shop that never sold or something. If not, there's a store on eBay that's selling them. if the mx was discontinued, IMHO usamps/RE subwoofer line has officially went into the toilet everything else is already china made non QCed crap so the only 4" coiled decent sounding speaker left they get rid of.
Destram Posted January 6, 2010 Author Report Posted January 6, 2010 From Greg: Also, I just got off the phone with him..apparently the MT isn't discontinued because he said I could upgrade to the MTs. 2006 BMW 325i My feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77301-official-destram-feedback/
Ram Posted January 6, 2010 Report Posted January 6, 2010 i must have the wrong info then. in any case, the MT is a hell of a lot different than the MX
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.