New Idea for System Theft Prevention?

Well at the end of the day...having alarms doing this or that wont matter, like you said "if they wanted bad enough, dell get it". Just do the obvious keep you vehicle locked, watch were you leave it, who you show it to, where you bump your musik and who you piss off lol

Another thing I forgot to mention would be the pissed off thief aspect. Suppose someone tries to break into your car to only find out that your car is shocking the piss out of them every time they touch it. I wouldn't be surprised to come back to your car with a brick through your windshield. If a thief cant steal it, they will break it just to release their frustration, if they haven't already broken it with the disassembly attempt. Would make all that work building a mechanism to shock them just as sufficient as using security screws or similar.

Not to mention say you park too close to someone and upon squeezing by to get into their car accidentally bumping into yours and getting shocked, someone might just be mad enough to take a baseball bat to your side mirrors.

To the OP, seems like you put a HELLA lot of thought into this. You seem to have a bit of knowledge in the field, have you considered the downside of having a live voltage stepping circuit running for extended periods of time? I would guess it would take alot of battery power to let the circuit work while armed.

Let us know if it gets anywhere.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I'm pretty sure setting traps for thieves is illegal. Not to mention nowadays if you don't leave milk and cookies out for them you can get sued.

So you give a tweaker a heart attack. Now we have a lawsuit and manslaughter charges.

The gorvernment doesn't like us to protect ourselves. If we aren't victims we don't need big government to protect us.

Another thing I forgot to mention would be the pissed off thief aspect. Suppose someone tries to break into your car to only find out that your car is shocking the piss out of them every time they touch it. I wouldn't be surprised to come back to your car with a brick through your windshield. If a thief cant steal it, they will break it just to release their frustration, if they haven't already broken it with the disassembly attempt. Would make all that work building a mechanism to shock them just as sufficient as using security screws or similar.

Not to mention say you park too close to someone and upon squeezing by to get into their car accidentally bumping into yours and getting shocked, someone might just be mad enough to take a baseball bat to your side mirrors.

To the OP, seems like you put a HELLA lot of thought into this. You seem to have a bit of knowledge in the field, have you considered the downside of having a live voltage stepping circuit running for extended periods of time? I would guess it would take alot of battery power to let the circuit work while armed.

Let us know if it gets anywhere.

thanks for the comments. the pissed off sequence seems true, never thought of that aftermath, but then again this holds true with any theft deterent system. razor blades, anti-theft screws, etc.

the vehicle would be fine. touch it, braze it, walk over it, do whatever you please. the way isolated designs work mean they are separate all together from any other system or circuit around it, hence isolation. someone could actually, technically break into the vehicle and take a cell phone and not even notice the theft shock prevention system. the vehicle's ground is still fine and isolated.

its nothing really i put alot of thought into to be honest. i work around high voltages all day long, and i also troubleshoot and repair and also build high wattage tube guitar amplifiers.

i also have a love for bass.... just figuring that the rules and guidlines that are drilled into our heads in school and in trade, could be reversed harnessed and used on purpose for theft prevention. just seemed logical, and all of the engineering wouldnt be any harder than the latter.

i can imagine that razorblades would do the same thing as far as pissing someone off, i dont think anyone who, with the wrong intentions, found out you got the upper hand would be pleased, but getting a voltage shock is not fun nor is it something that would piss someone off, 500V would do more than you think.

as far as sources for energy go, the voltages would be low current high voltage, and not high current low voltage or high current and high voltage which the latter would be a killer.

ive been hit with 180VDC, and ive heard stories from guys in my trade that have been hit with 320VDC and lived to tell about it. the feeling really messes with you, disorients you internally, and can make your skin feel wierd. depending on how low current it is the shock could be as high as a spark plug - 50,000V. i have never read any stories about anyone getting killed by a spark plug, but you can probably recall stories people have told you about it because thats definately something no-one will ever forget.

AC is the real killer... you cant let go of a voltage that is higher than 30-40VAC(RMS). AC bites more but is also alot harder to control and could really mess someone up depending on how they grab it. the batteries that people use in vehicles could supply a constant 12V all day long, and a step-up transformer is where the magic is at.

this would provide a nice 12V source, and the step up transformer would do all the work.

the amplifiers in our trunks work the same way. 15V supply is all that is needed, but that wont get you 30,000W without step-up transformers, and a nice current source of course.

because the design would be low current.... a large current source wouldnt be needed.

people would have no problem at all using an extra battery that you could connect to your vechile using this relay system. once you get out of the car, hit the switch and the battery, amplifiers, speaker wire, main vehicle, speakers, and an auxilery isolation plug in (like a lock box) would be electrically isolated and the system charged.

the amplifiers would need to polyurithane thick washers installed to isolate the screws, speakers would need to be isolated, and the voltage would need to be applied to the ground terminal of the units.

because the grounds are lifted and the units are isolated, no voltage or current would flow to the vehicle. only when someone touching ground (standing for example) and also touching the units (positively charged on grounds) does current flow to the path of least resistance through the units and to the person grabbing it.

design wise like i mentioned i still need to work on the bugs on how i would apply the voltage safely to the amplifiers and such, so that nothing becomes damaged internally when someone does actually touch it. physics theory would state that it would just go through the ground busses insude the amplifiers, but theres nothing to say that every amplifier is designed the same and wouldnt be able to take a hit without getting damaged itself.

so what do you think?

ah, you mean the peas?

It puts it into perspective. Just imagine a stadium filled to the top with peas.

Sounds like one hell of a soup lol

we all know that if someone wants your shit bad enough... theres really no stopping them.

recently my brothers car, who we had a vypyr system installed, was broken into. alarm still worked, the car was still locked when we got to it, but they went through the whole car. the only thing they took was a pack of gum and pocket change.

thankfully... the $1,000's of dollars of amplifiers in the back were still alright.

so im an electrical engineer and also a computer engineer in schooling, and ive got an idea to take advantage of lifting common grounds to everyone's systems, and positively charge each unit.

someone goes to touch anything that isnt referenced to ground....they complete the path and they get the shock of their lives.

of course to lift the ground from the speakers wouldnt be hard but would involve some seriously high power relay's to control the speaker wires in connection to the rest of the vehicle so that nothing is connnected.

same goes for how they amplifiers are mounted and also referenced.

seems promising... just an idea at this point. you could run a car alarm on top of this as well to protect the vehicle. but this seems promising as it would be stupid hard to steal anything.

comments? questions? im debating probably going ahead with this and beginning a circuit design. the amplifiers and speakers and all remaining connections could or could not be ruined in the process... voltage and current would take the path of least resistance which would need to be controlled to be the person "messing" where they shouldnt be.

-matt

get yourself a good lawyer.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

i had an idea for electro magnets in all the doors. they would only activate when the alarm was triggered so it wont drain your battery. so they break the window, alarm goes off, they unlock the door but the door wont open. although now that i think about it, a pin that shoots through the door could act as a new locking device that couldnt be reached... cant get much out of the car if you cant open a door. i know my box wont fit through a window lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived