Sonic Electronix

WOW making me angry...

clipping the shit out of it can burn up a sub lol...and normally having LOUD on, is a bad thing..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

why would you max the gain?

I dind't know anything about systems then I thought gain and stuff was supposed to be up.. This was with my kickers I don't think I ever clipped the SSD... I had my gain up a little higher than my voltage recommended (I was at like 35-40v instead of 28.28) for a little while then I backed it off because I didn't want to blow it... I didnt think it'd happen. I never really abused this Fi, the bottom coils are dark and the top ones are still copper looking with tiny grease looking marks... it looks like someone smeared a thin coat of grease all inside it Ic an't get a picture though because my camera isn't that good.

I put my DMM on ohms and tested each coil they fluctuate between .8 - 1.1 but usually stay between .9 and 1.0 so I'm guessing the readings are fine... why the heck are my coils getting darker though? can I see a bunch of black on some cardboard looking material above the coils it looks like it may have been burning up. I mean honestly? 400RMS @ correct gain this thing SHOULD NOT be burning up like that.

If your amp is being driven into distortion, the wattage is not that relevant to burning up a coil. When you push your amp too hard, the ac output clips and puts out DC voltage. DC voltage will destroy the coil.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

I dind't know anything about systems then I thought gain and stuff was supposed to be up.. This was with my kickers I don't think I ever clipped the SSD... I had my gain up a little higher than my voltage recommended (I was at like 35-40v instead of 28.28) for a little while then I backed it off because I didn't want to blow it... I didnt think it'd happen. I never really abused this Fi, the bottom coils are dark and the top ones are still copper looking with tiny grease looking marks... it looks like someone smeared a thin coat of grease all inside it Ic an't get a picture though because my camera isn't that good.

the gain is not a volume. It is for level matching depending on how strong your rca outputs on your head unit are. If you had to max the gain, I would think you either need a stronger line out voltage at your head unit, or a bigger amp.

I think my problem is my subwoofer, I think I blew a coil... I DIDNT MAX MY GAIN, i did on my KICKERS not my FI... I have my volts on my gain a little too high for awhile YES until you guys told me it could blow it... maybe the harm has already been done? I'm uploading a video right now of my OHM readings on the coils...

I just noticed that you are running the DEH-1100. I can tell right off, you need a stronger rca output, or a line driver to boost rca voltage. I have installed several of the DEH-1100's and I have yet to get one to drive an amp hard enough without turning almost wide open. I think it has 1 volt output, but it doesn't seem to hit 1 volt till it's wide ass open.

I think my problem is my subwoofer, I think I blew a coil... I DIDNT MAX MY GAIN, i did on my KICKERS not my FI... I have my volts on my gain a little too high for awhile YES until you guys told me it could blow it... maybe the harm has already been done? I'm uploading a video right now of my OHM readings on the coils...

my bad.

Does a dark voice coil mean thats it worn or I was doing something wrong? or is that just normal wear and tear? its not like its PITCH BLACK but its not bright copper like when I first installed it.. I also NEVER ONCE smelled smoke even now if I smell the woofer, theres no burning smell or smokey smell I just don't know anymore I'm thinking I need a replacement... can clipping by 10v for like 2 days really cause this?

Does a dark voice coil mean thats it worn or I was doing something wrong? or is that just normal wear and tear? its not like its PITCH BLACK but its not bright copper like when I first installed it.. I also NEVER ONCE smelled smoke even now if I smell the woofer, theres no burning smell or smokey smell I just don't know anymore I'm thinking I need a replacement... can clipping by 10v for like 2 days really cause this?

How long have you had the sub ?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

since christmas I hooked it up christmas day... so like 2 weeks... you can tell the coils are dark and that it shouldnt look like that I contacted sales @ Fi to see if I can get a replacement since my 1 year is still up we'll see how that works out.

Archived