Sonic Electronix

WOW making me angry...

if you are getting a reading from them, they SHOULD be fine, when i blew one of my coils, i couldnt get a reading at all from it...

Can anoyne vouch my coil seems fine?

actually the amp wasnt 0.3v it was 0.5v the next notch above NOM (halfway)

At this point judging by my OHM readout on the DMM and what the coils look like I dont think I burned any of them out.. I think what I was seeing was darker copper with glue adhesive on them to keep them on the edging... I think I just paniced... so honestly next step after all of this is to turn my gain down so im not clipping and change my deck RCA output.,

rechecked my terminals for coil impedence still read 1.0-1.1 ohm which seems right for my coil right? i think im just being paranoid. lol

I dind't know anything about systems then I thought gain and stuff was supposed to be up.. This was with my kickers I don't think I ever clipped the SSD... I had my gain up a little higher than my voltage recommended (I was at like 35-40v instead of 28.28) for a little while then I backed it off because I didn't want to blow it... I didnt think it'd happen. I never really abused this Fi, the bottom coils are dark and the top ones are still copper looking with tiny grease looking marks... it looks like someone smeared a thin coat of grease all inside it Ic an't get a picture though because my camera isn't that good.

35-40 is NOT a little more than 28.28. that's a good 600-900 watts EXTRA from the knob you're trying to get...from a 400 watt amp.

So you're telling me they won't replace it?... I know I made a mestake, but I'm getting a new amplifier to properly power it next week and it's currently unusable I was straight forward with them and upfront in my email and I've been trying to contact them so we will see.

why would they? from a user error? if i gave someone an expensive stick and said it had a 4.00 pound rating on it before it broke...and they went and tried putting 6.00-9.00 extra pounds on it and it broke...why would i replace it for them? i'd fix it for a price

been playing it like that fine for awhile used to do it before but only once every great while now it does it bad... but I havn't tried new RCA's (doubt its that but ill try anything at his point, so my coils really arent blown im being paranoid? I WISH i could get a better picture but I cant.

i mean this in the nicest way...i really do...but it might come off dickish. but if you're so lost as to ANY problem this could be...who are you to say that it is or isnt a certain problem someone suggests? especially from someone who says he has been in a similar position. they'd be the first person i'd take advice from. again i mean that in the nicest way lol

Also my comps were 500RMS as a pair running full gain, full +Db gain @ 26/30 volume for hours NEVER messed up before, does that mean my Fi is pulling more from my AMP at higher gains? also I don't know if my DEH-1100 has an output RCA I will try that tommorow when I try the new pair.

speakers dont 'pull' power. the amp produces power, and gives it to the speakers. whether you have one, or 100.

Can anoyne vouch my coil seems fine?

actually the amp wasnt 0.3v it was 0.5v the next notch above NOM (halfway)

why do you need so many people vouching for someone elses opinion? if the reading is fine...which it is (i think...didnt watch the video), then it must be. coils arent always bright shiny copper :pardon:

At this point judging by my OHM readout on the DMM and what the coils look like I dont think I burned any of them out.. I think what I was seeing was darker copper with glue adhesive on them to keep them on the edging... I think I just paniced... so honestly next step after all of this is to turn my gain down so im not clipping and change my deck RCA output.,

rechecked my terminals for coil impedence still read 1.0-1.1 ohm which seems right for my coil right? i think im just being paranoid. lol

yes...if they're reading that close then they are fine. i will 'vouch' for army guy and say they're fine. what you need is new wiring and a new amp.

also...if someone gives smart advice...take it. you dont need 5 people saying the same thing.

If it's my guess your using a pioneer deck huh?

If that's the case, which it sounds like to me, ground you RCA outputs on your deck. It sounds like the internal grounds are loose on the deck sending a dirty signal to the amp...

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

If it's my guess your using a pioneer deck huh?

If that's the case, which it sounds like to me, ground you RCA outputs on your deck. It sounds like the internal grounds are loose on the deck sending a dirty signal to the amp...

that would only cause noise iirc, which he doesnt have from what he's loosely explained.

i SERIOUSLY dont know how the hell this thread is going on its 6th page or something and it seems like you havent done the solutions we told you to do?

img0106wa.jpg

That's my ground, it seems stable and I believe that's to the frame... So I'm sure it's that.

i know this has been addressed but is there any updated pics of the ground? or is it still like this?

scrape of the paint with some sandpaper or a wire brush until you reach bare metal... then you can say you have good ground...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

i know this has been addressed but is there any updated pics of the ground? or is it still like this?

scrape of the paint with some sandpaper or a wire brush until you reach bare metal... then you can say you have good ground...

thats been said like 5 times but for some reason he doesnt want to do it, either that or he's too lazy

thats been said like 5 times but for some reason he doesnt want to do it, either that or he's too lazy

Not to lazy to start another thread on whether or not his voice coils are burnt up.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I told you guys I scraped it off I'll update pics of tommorow havn't been working on it much after earlier today... I was more worried about my coils and if my sub was in need of replacement, I'm going to do the suggested tommorow on a new day and see how we do.

FWIW, unrelated to your problem but I believe the LPF should be set at 80hz...its a good point to set it at

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived