Did I just get lucky?

I've been changin' things around in my trunk with battery location and stuff. Well today I reconnected my rear batt and went to the front of the car only to see that I had forgotten the front connection. The wire from the back battery was lying right on the inner fender. No fuses were blown and no sparks were seen. Did I just get lucky, or could the thin layer of factory paint actually save me from a short??

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

back battery ground was hooked up? if so then ya, that paint saved you.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

lucky very lucky once b4 i was hookin up an extra batt and only the back was grounded i hooked the front pos and the wrench fell lets say the other end stuck to the radiator lol wne to the back see that the wire was touching the fuse box.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

Yep, sounds like you were saved by the paint.

Ever accidently shorted out a 12-battery bus-bar while tightening the bolts on one of the batteries? That's always good for a big bang and some colourful language.

I have dropped a 1/4" socket wrench across terminals and it made a really nice weld socket-to-wrench...but to the OP, yeah man, seems like you did....be careful bro, fire=NO

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived