Sundown Audio

Capacators

I don't know if this is true or not but I herd that capacators are not good for competition purposes b/c there only good for one note and then ther drained,so it kinda robs you. I had a 1 farad cheapy from walley on a p550.2 fosgate, took it off and it seemed a hair louder. What do you guys think about caps?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

If it is as small as 1 farad, you're way better off with getting another battery. Some (most--98%) here will tell you to ditch capacitors all-together. Hell I wouldn't even think about running caps unless you had 300+ farads at your disposal

EDIT: When I read "competition purposes" It kind of threw me off....... If you plan on strictly a daily system, capacitors are junk IMO

Edited by footlongsam

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

If it is as small as 1 farad, you're way better off with getting another battery. Some (most--98%) here will tell you to ditch capacitors all-together. Hell I wouldn't even think about running caps unless you had 300+ farads at your disposal

EDIT: When I read "competition purposes" It kind of threw me off....... If you plan on strictly a daily system, capacitors are junk IMO

Yea I figured they were no use being that i c nobody on this forum with a high end system running caps.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

If you want a really powerful burp battery, that is very similiar to a cap look into the Batcap Extreme.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

the method in which they store and release their energy is very inefficient, the smallest kinetik battery would surpass even the biggest capacitor

Eh? They way they store and release it is incredibly efficient. A capacitor will charge and discharge energy stupidly fast compared to a battery. They just don't store much energy.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

the method in which they store and release their energy is very inefficient, the smallest kinetik battery would surpass even the biggest capacitor

False information, (been taking electronics tech. for about 6 months now, and we just briefly touched on caps in the last week) but from what I've learned, they are extremely efficient. Also, in some cases (Strictly SPL) I would run Nothing But Caps. Talking 5-600 farads.

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

This topic again......

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png