i have a Dell Laptop now that has XP on it and the other day my boss was throwing out some computer disks and amongst them was a windows Vista disk from the dell PC's we have at work. Can i upgrade my dell laptop with this disk or what? not sure what other info you may need to answer this but whatever it is just let me know. thanks

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Should work but only really one way to find out, make sure you back everything you want up so you dont lose it before trying and also make sure you have your disk to reinstall in case it doesnt work. But at the very least you'll have a fresh install either way.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I personally would keep xp over vista. Vista looks good but runs like shit, takes up more RAM, slow as piss, very frustrating the way that little things fuck up, and did I mention it runs like shit.

I went from Xp to vista then to XP SP3 (service pack 3) and now I'm on Windows 7. I would either stick with XP or get windows 7. IMO

1992 Cadillac SeVille STS

Pioneer DEH-P7600MD

Pioneer Premier Surround

JL Audio 10W7 Ported

Kenwood KAC-7203

Kicker ZX350x4

My YouTube

just get windows 7, it has all the bells and whistles vista did, and more and NONE of the hassle... trust me its worth it

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Thanks guys. I might just go buy the win 7 upgrade, my mother has it on the laptop i got her for xmas and i like it. Never really got to mess with vista much but i did hear it was problematic. I have 4GB of Ram now and i dont think i can fit anymore into my computer.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

you cant upgrade from XP to 7. you gotta reinstall it clean but theres ways you can backup all your stuff into 1 file via a windows program.

so what do i have to upgrade from vista to win7?

d(-__-)b

get windows 7. ive been using it since october of '08 and i have loved it the whole time.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

If you really want Windows 7 upgrade than install Windows Vista and then Windows 7. If you would rather do it the right way with a clean install, try to find a friend that's in college they get Windows 7 OEM for $30.