Top 5 Sq brands for 6x9's

Team Maf

Going for SQ so you're looking for 6X9's?

lol.

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Dakota

Headunit: Alpine IVA-D310

Sub: 2005 RE Audio XXX 15"

Sub Amp: Orion 2500D

Frontstage: Diamond Audio Hex's

Frontstage Amp: Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D

Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex 1/0

Alternator: Mechman 250 Amp

Battery: Powermaster D2700

Deadener: 100 Square Feet Raamat BXT II

if your going for SQ i would ditch the 6x9 and go for some SQ speakers for your front doors/dash. i don't like it when the mids and highs comes from the back of the car, it sound unatural. do you stand with your back facing the stage when your at concerts? :P

Hertz is awsome. you should also check out morel.

I agree with concentrating on your front stage more so than the rear........

I have always heard good things about Image Dynamics, so thats a brand I will recommend.

Here is one of their By 9's.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p5714/XS69--Imag...nent-System.htm

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Going for SQ so you're looking for 6X9's?

lol.

Whats wrong with 6x9's.

It is all in the construction of the speaker as well as your install of it. You take a shitty brand component and put it against a well built by 9 and the by 9 will blow it out of the water.

What I am saying is shape does not neccasarily(sp) make one speaker superior to another.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Whats wrong with 6x9's.

It is all in the construction of the speaker as well as your install of it. You take a shitty brand component and put it against a well built by 9 and the by 9 will blow it out of the water.

What I am saying is shape does not neccasarily(sp) make one speaker superior to another.

a round driver will always stay more linear than an oval speaker.

iMAGE MAKES A VERY COOL 6x9

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Whats wrong with 6x9's.

If you are going for an SQ install, you shouldn't even think about rear-fill.

Rear Stage can really throw off imaging for a true SQ system.

I would just stick with focusing on the front stage if I were you. Screw the passengers in the back.

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Dakota

Headunit: Alpine IVA-D310

Sub: 2005 RE Audio XXX 15"

Sub Amp: Orion 2500D

Frontstage: Diamond Audio Hex's

Frontstage Amp: Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D

Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex 1/0

Alternator: Mechman 250 Amp

Battery: Powermaster D2700

Deadener: 100 Square Feet Raamat BXT II

Tracy hit it on the hand, Kraco FTW!

also quite a few vehicles come with 6x9's up front... it is a general purpose speaker that is better than some of the GP 6"

rear stage should be limited if you are really and truly looking for SQ 2 channel, however rear stage is very important when you have a 5.1 audio tracks... which if recorded/engineered perfectly is phenomenal and spanks 2 channel... especially when they toss the crowd in behind you... for a front row effect

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

if your going for SQ i would ditch the 6x9 and go for some SQ speakers for your front doors/dash. i don't like it when the mids and highs comes from the back of the car, it sound unatural. do you stand with your back facing the stage when your at concerts? :P

Hertz is awsome. you should also check out morel.

I take it you guys eliminate your rear stage and rewire the rears up front somewhere?

Im not looking to go into comps or to have my SQ down to the "T" to be judged by judges, I just want descent sound quality from speakers that are made for quality and can produce quality sounding tones. Nothing like having speakers that lack abilities and sounds like trash on 75% of music being played through them.

I plan on getting rid of my car possibly therefore any custom modifications to my front stage/doors will not be done. As said above just looking for top end SQ 6x9s, not SQ designs.....thank you.

".......Cut spending to only the bare essentials, water and bread...and margaritas...Yaay "-Mr. Marsh

95 camry:

JVC Deck

15" Fi Q in a fail prefab box

US-Amps Merlin Md2d

"Doin' that Work

• 3 weeks later...

focus on front stage

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

You can't go for sq and look for rear speakers !

6*9's are always in the entry level line of all the brands : never in the high end.

If you want good speakers, get a 6.5" or 5.25" component set.

Put all the speakers money in the front, that will please you way more, with a powerful amp : if you want to save money, buy a small 4 ch amp and bridge it to your comp set.

Don't forget some deadening material for your front doors.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived