RE subs for sq use

TeejayBee

SR's are turds.

the max I run on se's is 800

1000 will cook that coil

have I gotten away with running 2000 on an SE.........

Well yes.

doesnt mean everyone should try it.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

What if i put both Se;s on one amp i mean i still look at this as if they are rated 600rms what is 150 more but thats my thinking because kicker suggests a ZX750.1 for a 15" L7 and im running a 1000.1 daily and the subs are good. but let me ask again your saying the SRx are bad sound subs? becaue he never used them becaue he sold his car since his parents kicked him out of the house

but let me ask again your saying the SRx are bad sound subs? becaue he never used them becaue he sold his car since his parents kicked him out of the house
SRX sound like complete poop, far from the sq you explained in the first post but Gl none the less
SR's are turds.

Reading>you :acute:

You could run two RE SE on one of your Kicker 1000.1 if you wanted. Running 500w on a 600w RMS sub shouldn't be noticeably different than running 600.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

alright so im looking at q's and what does the bp power mean ? i mean im guessing it helps out with how the sub plays ? lol

Bp Power - This option adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also add 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack. All of these features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application.

You can find this stuff pretty easily if you just try.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

• 2 weeks later...

depends on what type of application you want. do you want sq only, or do you want a combination of sq and "loud". i say loud because i know people who want sound quality in their systems, but also want them to get loud. If thats the case, 2 15" Q's would be your best bet in the right condition, assuming you give them the proper enclosure. If you're on a budget and only want one sub, 1 18" would be your best bet, and if you don't want an 18, just get one 15. Its all preference...and electrical

the new se/x are pretty damn good sounding. i think mine sounds clean as shit. i was running it off of a t8002 rf amp but now im running it with a old school crossfire cfa600. its suppose to be 600 bridged at 4 ohms but im running it bridged at 2 ohms and its handling it like a champ i love it. best sub ive had besides my 2 rf power hx2 15"s i had back in the day.

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

• 5 weeks later...

Archived