It's down to these for my purchase.

Well I need a stereo (preferably new) with USB. I got it down to these and would like your thoughts.

http://www.amazon.com/Eclipse-CD5100-Recei...4977&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-CDA-105-Watt-...r/dp/B001THTO50

http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-eXcelon-KDC-...5338&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-DXZ785USB-Al...369&sr=1-16

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DEHP5100UB-S...5522&sr=1-2

I'm leaning towards the Kenwood and Clarion due to illumination colors to match my dash. The clarion I researched is a good SQ unit for the price but is pretty ugly to me in the light like those women on the corners. :o

There is an Alpine 9886 on ebay for $200 shipped also. I'm not really liking the lack of features in the Alpines like a simple adjustment for the mids. I'm also not trying to waste money on imprint from some random person when I know I will change a setting and it gets erased.

What ever of these has the best quality in sound, and has less problems and does not break as often is for me. I have money right now waiting to spend on one of these except the Clarion which I will have to save some monies. :D

The clarion has the most processing abilities. dont know about their reliability. But they have time alignment, the ability to go three way and has 6 volt pre outs.

The kenwood has the second most capabilities, not sure if its 3 way but it has time alignment which is nice if you're going active.

The pioneer is good for the money, but falls short in sq capabilities. dual usb is pretty sweet though.

The 5100 lacks general features and is pretty unfriendly to use. same format as my cd7000, but has way less features. other than a strong pre out voltage and nice guts inside, this unit offers nothing compared to others on the list.

the alpine has good user features and has blue tooth which is nice, but lacks sq features unless you get the imprint which will cost extra. I never understood why the hell alpine is sticking with 2 volt pre outs....

but yea i would choose clarion first then kenwood second....good luck with everything :)

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

i had a bad experience with clarion more than once. it had alot of adjustability but was not reliable, it took a shit after just over a year after warranty was up. to mee if i pay 12-1600 for a damn head unit it should be durrable.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

Dude, I own the DXZ785USB and absolutely love it! I've had it for about a year with no problems at all. Works flawlessly at playing CD's, MP3 CD's, MP3 players, etc...

Never owned an Ipod so I can't comment on how good the Ipod would work. The diff color schemes are awesome, I have mine set to 'color scan' most of the time. You can adjust the contrast, brightness to make the screen more visible.

Only downside is the looks lol But for the SQ features you get, you'll get used to it. :)

I recommend this deck over all the other brands you listed.

Edit: This DXZ785USB is VERY reliable.

Edited by solo_x18

Derp.

I just got the excelon 993, which I think is the same as the 693 but with bluetooth. I really like it. I haven't used the bluetooth capability yet, but I would still pay what I paid for mine even if it didn't have bluetooth. Sounds good. Just kind of tough to get the time alignment perfect. I would assume it's that way with any of them though.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

I just got the excelon 993, which I think is the same as the 693 but with bluetooth. I really like it. I haven't used the bluetooth capability yet, but I would still pay what I paid for mine even if it didn't have bluetooth. Sounds good. Just kind of tough to get the time alignment perfect. I would assume it's that way with any of them though.

Can you set the illumination to a pure white color? :D