thoughts on becoming a firefighter..?

Granted i've only been in this field for 7 months now, for the last 3 months i've been getting over 100HR paychecks, which in turn means i've seen ALOT OF "GOOD" calls. 2-3 days ago we had a 2 month old that had a VERY BAD CASE of RSV, that actually stopped breathing ON MY CLOCK! That shit isnt going to happen, cause I wont let it :rofl: . I had my pedi BVM, and bagged him with supplemental o2 all the way to the hospital (~10mile drive) When we got there, and the care was transferred over to hospital staff, the doctor came up to me and told me I DID A GREAT JOB AT SAVING THIS BABIES LIFE. Can you all understand the feeling that makes one feel? That made my day, and to be honest, my eyes turned a little red, and watery.

That is only 1 recent example, So I tell you this ANDYM85................ Go for this career (either FIRE/EMS) it is economy proof, and job stability.... you will always see a paycheck. The hours are decent, but take time getting used too. With the company I work with, we have 2 different catagories of fleet trucks. 1 type is your basic 24on 48off, the the 2nd type is called DAY TRUCKS. The day truck runs 12hrs a day, and you work the for 4 days a week, then the following week you work 3 days a week. FIRE in my area does the same thing aswell.

Since you HAVE TO BE A EMT before you become a fireman, you could always do a 24hr on EMS, the a 24hr FIRE the next day. So you work 48HRs, then come home. The money will be THROUGH THE ROOF if you did this. Everyone I work with does that, and in my little podunk area, these people are pulling in between 4100-4600$ per month AFTER TAXES.... Plus the benifits of working a county job are endless. BEST insurance, pension, dental, life, etc..........

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

dude newls1 im about to go move down there haha....everywhere up here is out of monies :D but those who are already in are set lol.

I would LOVE to live in Georgia anyways.

oh yea, andyM...dude just walk into your local firehouse and ask whats up. Thats how it all starts :)

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

was lookin around last night...looks like lousiville is finished hiring for the year...which isnt terrible since i need to get in better shape (cardio)

but things arent so peachy around here...hell, im currently in lexington, and with with Kentucky's budget shortfall, some fire departments in lexington are having what they call "brown outs"....basically one station per day is shut down...different stations everyday...apprently this saves the state like $1billion (srsly)...

but it looks like i have plenty of time to think it through...

i likes me some audio stuff...

Thats bullshit

How so, obviously I am not counting our military as they are oversees and I was speaking domestically. But of course if you were going to say cops...............well then we will agree to disagree.

EDIT: missed your last post, yes EMT's would also be considered heros to me as well, basically anyone who would help another without consideration of their own safety is a hero. And of course since I live in LA "self defense" to a cop is to empty the clip I don't count them for any reason! Yes they are taught to empty the clip if they fire........

Starting From Scratch!!

Archived