my headlights and gauges keep diming and i have the big three and a new batt. I dont know what to do. Do i need a second batt

How are your ground connetion?

What size gauge are you using?

What kind of new battery is it?

this thread is gonna get deleted faster then conans tonight show

haha.. I don't think they will be any more COnans.. Don't know...

How are your ground connetion?

What size gauge are you using?

What kind of new battery is it?

groundes to frame 4 gauge for the amps and i also have the big three

and the battery is an optima yellow top

Pioneer deh 2100b

(2)Hifonics Brutus BXI2006D

Crossfire 200 watt 2 channel

soon to be 4 DC level 3 15's

(2)gel batts

Big 3

200 Amp Alt

get some 0 gauge wire and ground the amp to the front battery.. if you're getting that second battery run positive and negative runs of 0 gauge from the front battery to the back battery.. i don't like grounding to the frame

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

get some 0 gauge wire and ground the amp to the front battery.. if you're getting that second battery run positive and negative runs of 0 gauge from the front battery to the back battery.. i don't like grounding to the frame

thanks ill try it

Pioneer deh 2100b

(2)gel batts

Big 3

200 Amp Alt

try adding another ground and power, is your big 3 done correctly and do you have good clean grounds? all the little stuff that usually you are not worried about will bite you in the ass. speaking from experience

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

try adding another ground and power, is your big 3 done correctly and do you have good clean grounds? all the little stuff that usually you are not worried about will bite you in the ass. speaking from experience

If your "200 amp" alternator is a small housing unit, it probably isn't giving you any output at idle speeds.

Do the lights dim when you are driving down the road, or only when you come to a stop and the engine is just idling?

The only real way to guarantee that that lights will not dim in a vehicle is to have an alt in the car that always puts out more amperage than what's being consumed by all the electrical components in the vehicle. That means that if you have a 200 amp alt and you turn the lights on that are 20 amps, turn the raido on that's 15 amps, have your heat or ac on which is 20 amps, maybe have a phone or ipod charging good for 5-10 amps, and then have the windshield wipers on for 25 amps, all while playing the system full tilt at a possible 120-150 amps max you are not producing enough amperage to meet all the needs of the electronics.

If you aren't running all that stuff and the lights are still diming it is possible that the alt may not be putting out the rated power, your power wire running to the back is not large enough, you have a bad ground.

Then there is something that some people get confused about. Even with a high output alt you can still get light flicker. What I mean is that even if you have enough amperage to meet all the requirements the alt can not charge fast enough and the current can't reach it's destination fast enough to prevent the lights from flickering. A flicker would be more of a quick loss of power at the lights opposed to a longer pause in brightness.

The only real ways that I can think of to eliminate any flicker or diming what so ever is to add a second alt for just the stereo and have it not wired to any other devices in the car, or put an independent battery on the lights that is not charged by the alt at all that would need to be manually charged while the car is sitting or even by the alt in the car while not using the stereo. You could put a relay of sort on the wire from the alt to the lights to not charge when the stereo is powered on.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

If your "200 amp" alternator is a small housing unit, it probably isn't giving you any output at idle speeds.

Do the lights dim when you are driving down the road, or only when you come to a stop and the engine is just idling?

only when im at idle

Pioneer deh 2100b

(2)gel batts

Big 3

200 Amp Alt

only when im at idle

'nuff said.

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->