Second Skin Audio

few questions for a daily beater

your trunk specs are very close to mine and i tried the 4 12s and there was def not enough airspace for em i am now running just two of the same subs and it is way louder if you wanna do somethin in a trunk i would do just 1 15 or 2 beasty 12s unless u wanna do some type of blow through

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

They're not saying it can't be done.

They're just saying that it's not always better to have more. Less subs in a proper enclosure can yield better results than more subs stuffed into a less-than-optimal enclosure. Why pay more money for more subs when using less and just building a good box can get you better results?

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

i dont understand why you guys think two 15's will not work. i had about three setups with two 15's

i want a a box thats tunned mid to low 30's so it can hit deep like sealed boxes

Because you CANT fit a 7-9 cuft box (after displacements) in the trunk of a camry, unless you build it inside your trunk. But then its there for good, until you destory it to get it out. Plus then you'll have to account for batts, and amps.

Edited by OBI

box the shop designed is junk.

You don't have room for 15's in the PROPER sized ported enclosure. Maybe Nightshades as they work well in smaller boxes, not sure about the DC stuff, but AQ's like BIG boxes, same with L7's.

If your rear seat folds down and you're willing to cut the opening into the trunk then you can fit AQ's, L7's, etc.... I ran 2 15" AQ's in my altima a few years ago and did 147@ 31Hz and 149@34Hz. Plenty low/loud for a trunk set up, but it was a LOT of work....

Personally 2 GOOD 12's with enough power could do the job. I did 2 HDC 12's off 2 3500's in the trunk of an Impala a few months back and it does 148.1 legal. Impressive daily driver that sounds good and beats his car to death...

box the shop designed is junk.

You don't have room for 15's in the PROPER sized ported enclosure. Maybe Nightshades as they work well in smaller boxes, not sure about the DC stuff, but AQ's like BIG boxes, same with L7's.

If your rear seat folds down and you're willing to cut the opening into the trunk then you can fit AQ's, L7's, etc.... I ran 2 15" AQ's in my altima a few years ago and did 147@ 31Hz and 149@34Hz. Plenty low/loud for a trunk set up, but it was a LOT of work....

Personally 2 GOOD 12's with enough power could do the job. I did 2 HDC 12's off 2 3500's in the trunk of an Impala a few months back and it does 148.1 legal. Impressive daily driver that sounds good and beats his car to death...

what do you mean about cut an opening? i had a car very similer to the the on the OP mentioned and i had two ported L5's back in 2001 and i didnt have to cut anything

Edited by LsChevy

what do you mean about cut an opening? i had a car very similer to the the on the OP mentioned and i had two ported L5's back in 2001 and i didnt have to cut anything

what size subs? He means to fit the box you may have to trim a bit of the metal in the opening so that the box will fit into the trunk. I miss my blazer because i had endless possibilities as far as what i could have done for setups, plenty of room in there. I switched to a trunk car last august, and im still bassless. Trying to save up money, and figure out what im going to use. Ive got a pretty roomy trunk (2010 lancer) But i can tell ya, i wont be stuffing 2 15s in there. I was thinking of a single 15 off 2200-3500W, but now im lookin at a pair of 12s off some decent power once i save up enough. Like everyone else has said, even if the box fits, running that kinda power, where are you going to putt the amps and batts? And keep in mind when you build a box that big for the trunk, your spare is going to be inaccessable. So you may wanna consider moving it and stuffing some batts into the spare tire area.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

it have enough space behind the box for the amps and it have over a foot on each side of the box for the batts. i can also port the rear deck in addition to that my back seats comes down

i have a Grand Marquis with a huge trunk, and I couldn't do 40 wide with Over 12" on each side for the batts. I think you need to redesign the shops design. I COULD BE WRONG!!, but I would double check

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

you definetly do not have enough room for more than one fifteen I drive a 300 c and I barely have any trunk left after puttin one fifteen in it here is a vid

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1