Sundown Audio

Sufficient Electrical for Hifonics BXi2610d?

So i am in a debate between the Fi BL 15 and Fi BTL 15, the deciding factor is wether or not i will have the electrical support for the amplifier. I am wondering if i would have enough electrical to keep up with the Hifonics BXi2610d to run on the BTL... Here are my specs...

Electrical:

Stock Alternator 105 Amps

Stock Battery Up Front

Big Three in 1/0

One run of 1/0 to Trunk

Power Acoustik 5.0 Farad Cap. ( start criticizing, it will be gone in the new setup)

I have been running 1100rms at 2-ohms with little noticable dimming while sitting still, but none while driving.

I plan to add a Kinetik 1200 in the rear with the new installation.

My voltage has never dipped below 12.2V without the kinetik, how efficient would this be to run the 2610d???

Thanks ahead guys

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I don't think that will work out well considering I have the same amp and I had a yellow top up front with my big 3 done and idle I would drop to 11.3 lol. Now with my iraggi 290 amp I will drop 13.2-ish idle but it all depends on the temp.

I agree. Your alt will need to be replaced and I would do a hc2400 (or equivalent) and just have that up from(if it would fit, but thats me. Others may disagree). Oh and don't wang it all out while sitting at idle with the stock alt.

Alright. I have no intentions of sitting at idle and just straight banging like that. lol. With the money i am on, and the price i can get the 1200 for, it's what i would have. Hopefully within the next year or so i will have a different vehicle, and with money being tight, i don't particularly have the funds/ motivation to buy the upgraded alt when the car may be going... If someone has an option better than a 3 month slightly used hc1200 that sits at 12.4 for $100.00 let me know asap! :)

im running a 2610, and i have a 170amp alt with 3 batteries and my voltage is falling into the low 12s.

you'll want a better electrical.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

im running a 2610, and i have a 170amp alt with 3 batteries and my voltage is falling into the low 12s.

you'll want a better electrical.

power hungry slightly inefficient amp compared to others of the same size

so

ur gonna need to upgrade more, bigger alt, largest agm bat under hood, 1-2 grp31 or 2-3 smaller batts should

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

After doing a little more snooping, i came across some old threads where there was debate that the AQ2200d and BXi2610d were basically the same amplifier? Would i get much of an audible difference from the two, and if i were to proceed with the current electrical, would the AQ put slightly less of a strain on the electrical? I don't want to damage anything, and i am taking a lot of your words for this... thanks again for the help! :)

well, from what I've gathered, an AQ2200 is slightly underrated, as where the bxi2610D is slightly overrated. maxxsonics states, though, that if you have a sufficient electrical that can provide 14.4 volts constant, the bxi will do rated power.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm