TL vs AC score

PUNKYOU007

depends. AC's have that gain knob for god knows why (i'd like to know if anyone does) so the only way to know how far off one meter is from a TL, you gotta have em side by side
ours is 9db off

competition wise, an AC mic is VERY accurate, everyone would have the same 9db boost. so if you were 1.3db louder on an ac, youre 1.3 louder on a tl.

tl is pre-calibrated so unit to unit, show to show, your score is going to be the same. AC's are all calibrated slightly different, so a 150 here is a 145 there and a 152 somewhere else.

from what i remember the gain helped to match mics for head to head comps.

'00 Honda Civic Si IASCA stock trunk/pickup 1 World Record 4/20 150.6/150.7dB
Team DC Team XS Power

Team ISB

Steve's Body Shop
http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

This is not completely true. I've seen variances between TL's from person to person. For example my Team's TL reads about .3db lower than the TL that the promoter of NSPL uses and about .7db lower than a local SC organization. I've also seen this to be true from show to show in Ohio where different TL's have been used since a different promoter was running the shows.

I've never seen more than a db but it is still odd how they are completely different even when tested side by side, which has been done several times before. They can still fall out of calibration and need to be sent back every once and a while to Wayne Harris for recalibration. Usually when a vehicle over 170db is on the mic is when it will start to loose it's accuracy.

i metered on two different TL's in the same day, and got the same score, so they're pretty consisitant

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

SCOSCHE SPL Meter FTMFW!

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

i metered on two different TL's in the same day, and got the same score, so they're pretty consisitant

And those were what the two times that you have ever metered your car?

I know what I'm talking about since I've been to easily over 100 shows and competed in more than 50. I've metered my car longer than it takes most people to build their entire vehicle. If I'm telling you that I've seen as much as .7db difference from TL to TL then why do you have to question that with saying that they are pretty consistant? Yes some will ready the same number, but I'd be willing to bet that there's no way you've encountered nearly as many mics as I have since the TL came out to know that not every one is going to read the same as the next. It's misleading when you contradict what I said with "I metered twice in one day with two different TL's and they read the same" That may lead someone to believe that statement is completley true that all TL's are going to read identical and the fact is that they won't.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

and my broken watch is right twice a day ;)

seriously though, im sure you can find a lot of mics that are the same but they dont all read the same. not that they are 4db off like an AC but just a few tenths. even the cords make a difference in how they read.

Well aren't you top shit.

same thing went through my head.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

^^^^ Tis True.

What cracks me up is that so far everybody seems to be giving their honest opinion and experience (if any) when using multiple mics, Except Nightshade who takes personal offense to an opposing opinion.

:rolleyes:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

the caraudio shop in my town swears AC is God and TL is for poor losers

ive explained only IASCA uses AC, otherwise all other sactioned events are TL

and when my friend metered there he got 136.1, 1 day later nothing changed on TL he did 139.1

(this was headrest scores, the only ones that matter imo when it comes to provin what ur ears are experiencing)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived