best universal remote

Ok since Ive finally got my home theater hooked up I'm in the market for an all in one remote so I can ditch the fifteen I have in my living room. I'm looking for the baddest mama jamma out there that isnt over the top priced. I looked at the logitech 1100 but its a good chunk of change. I need it to control my xbxo360 movie playback, onkyo surround sound. ghetto ass cable box(dont know who makes it) and the sharp aquos lcd. If I can do all my tvs more the better. Anyone got any suggestions.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Logitech 890 at amazon

I have one of these and really like it. It takes a lil bit of usage to get use to it, but worth it once you do. It comes with a range extender, you can have all your equipment in a closet because its RF and range extender. Turns a rf into ir in your closet with extender. Best part is I see it here on amazon for $130.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

1100, been messing with one and it does everything especially with the PS3 interface

and it is only $500 retail

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

1100, been messing with one and it does everything especially with the PS3 interface

and it is only $500 retail

ive been eye balling this bad boy and talked to the wife about it . She just doesnt understand lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

• 5 months later...

ok bumping this back up. Ive been looking for something cool for a universal remote and came across this a few months back

http://thinkflood.com/products/redeye-mini/

I was highly curious since the wife needs something simple to use and loves her ipod touch she jacked me for. I was put on the waiting list and it was finally released today so i placed my order. It will be here friday and i will post a review when it comes in. hopefully it does what i want it to. if so im going to pick up an ipad for my home theatre remote/living room computer. that also translates to im getting the ipod touch and my wife is jacking me for the ipda.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

• 3 weeks later...

ok bumping this back up. Ive been looking for something cool for a universal remote and came across this a few months back

http://thinkflood.com/products/redeye-mini/

I was highly curious since the wife needs something simple to use and loves her ipod touch she jacked me for. I was put on the waiting list and it was finally released today so i placed my order. It will be here friday and i will post a review when it comes in. hopefully it does what i want it to. if so im going to pick up an ipad for my home theatre remote/living room computer. that also translates to im getting the ipod touch and my wife is jacking me for the ipda.

Hey, just thought id put my 2 cents into this. I own a Logitech Harmony 520. This remote will operate up to 12 different devices. The biggest benefit i love about logitech is that they have a 1 year warranty. And i had mine "break" haha, not really. but they send a brand new NOT REFURB out to your house and you can keep the old one and use the new remote instead. So my old remotes are inactive because they deactivate the serials so program program program before you call them up to get a new one shipped, but i did that one time to have a backup and it works like a charm.

The only thing i dont like about the remote is that for both my harmony 520, and 510 i bought my parents is that out of nowhere it gets stuck in a loop. like for example, say you are surfing channels or changing your volume or anything where you press a button, the remote has a thing where its like your finger keeps holding down the key for the command when it isnt and the only way to stop it is to hit another button. this happens to me almost all the time and usually does it at night when i have to try and keep my home theater turned down to not wake my family up. but oh well. other than that, these remotes are perfect!! just make sure you can time them. they initially can be a pain in the butt but all i did was take the controllers built-in infared receiver and program every button from every remote i had and put it into the logitech database. then all i had to do was assign them however i wanted to, then adjust the delays for however long it took my devices (tv, xbox, surround sound, set-top box, etc) as well as the delay for how long it takes for a command to respond (all in milli-seconds) after you do that, its all setup.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived