Sundown Audio

has anyone seen aq new beast amp

scfaust

I dont believe that. Say you go in to buy a tv. Theres 2 at walmart that are EXACTLY the same, one for 500$ and one for 2000$. The only difference is one says made in the USA.

Now which one are you gonna buy? Dont lie. We'd all take the $500 and you know it.

I don't watch tv... lol

and there's a reason I bought RF Power Elite amps....they are made in the USA.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I don't watch tv... lol

and there's a reason I bought RF Power Elite amps....they are made in the USA.

Sure about that?

;)

Just look around your house. 90% of what you own is outsourced. Even a large majority of your furniture is outsourced. Hell look at how much of your American car is outsourced.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

a couple of comments.

People were paying $2+/watt with Phoenix Gold and there was no issues, I am using PG as an example as it was always flying off the shelf, in demand, made in the USA, and when properly installed never boomeranged back for issues

Further it was marketed in house as the holy grail, something you strived for. PG even marketed themselves somewhat like that.

Funny you mentioned PG. Because at first glance This amp looked like the new PG "the one" that was just released. After a closer look the AQ is a little bigger on the PS side

sorry for the rant, I just think it is BS, the whole industry in general... I am glad I do what I do, the equipment I play with, the client base, and the work environment

Just curious, What brands are you happy to be working with?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

there is only one car company that makes all of their vehicles in America: Toyota..

just look at how well they're doing right now...

american made items are not what they once were..

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

there is only one car company that makes all of their vehicles in America: Toyota..

just look at how well they're doing right now...

american made items are not what they once were..

Assembled in America. But where are the parts made? Both my for trucks were produced in the Kentucky Truck Plant, however I have more then a truckload of parts that are stamped from other countries ;)

it is just Karma that is all... all these manufacturers that went overseas to save a dime, got rid of "real" r&d, designers, and engineers... now have to pay the consequences of having their crap which that was designed by some Asian company whored out...

You know why these companies had to go overseas because people over here became to damn cheap and didn't buy the quality stuff anymore. When you have people bitching about amps that cost less than 50cents a watt what else can the companies do. Back when companies like Linear Power were American made you paid $1.50 plus per watt. Its not the companies fault it is the fault of the consumers

When DD/AQ decided to go into the amp business we wanted to have the amps produced in the USA. We spent well over a year and considerable money trying to find an American amp builder capable of building what we wanted for our amp line-ups. We had samples built and tested by ourselves as well as independent 3rd parties but were unable to get amps that we were satisfied with especially in the 2000 plus watts range. Price was not a factor, we were willing to pay the price if the product performed to our expectations.

We then begin looking "off shore" for buildhouses. We had samples built and tested from several off shore buildhouses. Some of the sample amps did very well in testing and we had some built. In some cases it turned out the samples were much better then the production runs. Those buildhouses were quickly removed from our suppliers and we moved our business to our present South Korean buildhouse who builds all of our amps and has for several years.

Do we design our amps? No we do not, we are not amp designers and make no claims as such. We do spend the money to hire the services of those who are. I believe our buildhouse amp engineers are some of the best in the business and judging by the products they build for us and our customer feedback we are very satisfied with the end result.

We don't design the amps but we do establish the design goals for the amps and give the engineers an open checkbook to produce the best product they feel is possible. When a new prototype is built we don't rush it to market. We have learned through experience to test the sh8t out of the prototype over and over for performance, reliability and durability before signing off on the amp. We find the failure modes during this process and the amp may go through several "tweaks" before going into production.

Our new AQ3500D.1 required a new heavier taller heatsink to accomodate the increased performance. We also added "bolt on" rca terminals at considerable expense as well as some other features no one but a really good amp repair person would notice. Future runs of the AQ1200D and AQ2200D will get those same upgrades. There will be a small increase in price to pay for the improvements.

The AQ20K will ship in late March and will be priced under 2k

When DD/AQ decided to go into the amp business we wanted to have the amps produced in the USA. We spent well over a year and considerable money trying to find an American amp builder capable of building what we wanted for our amp line-ups. We had samples built and tested by ourselves as well as independent 3rd parties but were unable to get amps that we were satisfied with especially in the 2000 plus watts range. Price was not a factor, we were willing to pay the price if the product performed to our expectations.

We then begin looking "off shore" for buildhouses. We had samples built and tested from several off shore buildhouses. Some of the sample amps did very well in testing and we had some built. In some cases it turned out the samples were much better then the production runs. Those buildhouses were quickly removed from our suppliers and we moved our business to our present South Korean buildhouse who builds all of our amps and has for several years.

Do we design our amps? No we do not, we are not amp designers and make no claims as such. We do spend the money to hire the services of those who are. I believe our buildhouse amp engineers are some of the best in the business and judging by the products they build for us and our customer feedback we are very satisfied with the end result.

We don't design the amps but we do establish the design goals for the amps and give the engineers an open checkbook to produce the best product they feel is possible. When a new prototype is built we don't rush it to market. We have learned through experience to test the sh8t out of the prototype over and over for performance, reliability and durability before signing off on the amp. We find the failure modes during this process and the amp may go through several "tweaks" before going into production.

Our new AQ3500D.1 required a new heavier taller heatsink to accomodate the increased performance. We also added "bolt on" rca terminals at considerable expense as well as some other features no one but a really good amp repair person would notice. Future runs of the AQ1200D and AQ2200D will get those same upgrades. There will be a small increase in price to pay for the improvements.

The AQ20K will ship in late March and will be priced under 2k

Is that a typo? I thought we where talking about a 10Krms amp, now a 20Krms amp!?!?!?

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Is that a typo? I thought we where talking about a 10Krms amp, now a 20Krms amp!?!?!?

Max power at 18 volts=20K

10,000 plus at 14.4 at 0.2thd (2/10ths of 1 percent thd)

as buying for buying USA TV's and non... what TV's are USA? I would buy it if the quality was equal or better

we can go around and around about this, but at the end of the day, the amp company that is importing is just the middle man and a warehouse. Please take no personal offense towards it, I want to see you succeed. But like I said, at the end of the day you are just bringing in products, I have spoken with a few companies as we were interested in a certain designed amp, and the cost was ridiculously cheap... as in a few free samples, order in quantities of 100, and pick out the heat sink design... so I have been there... the only hard part is the emails that go back and forth and deciphering them.

so for instance if Steve Meade wanted to market his own amp line on here he could easily... and it can be the same as everyone else's that are posting here (manufacturers) as China doesn't believe in the patent rights like they are supposed too... oh wait... they call it their own...

Why did I not go with the amp from China... well it would be infringing on my belief not to support China... and you can ask the guys from Exile Car Audio (when they were with PG), I was offered to fly to China to do some installs for their Beijing Auto Show... I backed out as i thought I would be whoring myself out... I am sorry, it is just the way I am. Now i am not one of those wacko's either that support labor unions and shiet like it, because I also believe unions do hurt in the end the manufacturer that employs them. I also understand that between robotics and modern machining, plus the fact more woman are looking for jobs than in the 60's that there are not a lot of jobs out there.

Here, when any work is being done on the buildings, advertising, etc... we search within the community and I will be honest the owner spends a lot more money than if he was to look outside the local community... but it is the principal of it. He could of easily saved 2 million if he would of gone with a different contractor, but he believes in keeping the money and jobs within the community... which is weird since he sells Saab, Mercedes, sprinter, Porsche, and lotus...

I do grasp that there are less companies making goods in the USA.. I can't change it, I just try to support them if I can.

As for the other question on which brands I use... imported audison and Hertz from Italy... like I said, if it is imported then I am going for the best of the best

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Archived