The last thing I would want is the cops coming to my house for any reason. No good can come from it. If your neighbors are that anal, I would try to keep my shit under control and start looking for a new place. Then again you may be a shitty neighbor and that was the last straw for them.

I don't know about Georgia law, however in Fla if the cop doesn't hear the music, he really can only give you a ticket, at the most, and that is being a prick. Then he would not even be able to testify about it because he is not a witness to what happened. Also, he would not be able to testify about what the neighbor said, it's hearsay not subject to any exception. But in reality a pissed off cop can fuck up your life in lots of ways. Also, it would suck to get your car towed even if it was an illegal tow...I know first hand.

Where I live in Fort Lauderdale, cops can give you a ticket if they can hear the music 25 feet away from your car. Try that sometimes.

Ft Lauderdale huh? Luckily for me I'm from small-town Florida, where cops will not respond to noise complaints. Too many trailer park trash domestic disputes, meth labs in abandoned houses, and tourists going 120 mph to worry about :D

<3 Florida!

I have a hard time believing that you just finished wiring up your system and only played it for "6 seconds".

honestly i did...an after it hit a low ass note..i realized it was louder then i expected an i went an shut my garage door an drove down the road outta my housing addition

I know the feeling. >_< Although it was my neighbor who came over with the flashlight. >_>

RE SE 12" subs (2) in prefab dual ported box (custom box coming soon)

Hifonics bxi610 mono 600 watt amp

Stock HU

Mach RCU

Apline 5 x 7 S Type Speakers (2) (1 blown)

Stock rear speakers (2)

Pyramid Tweeters (2)

My neighbors usually don't care but i still try to be courteous and keep it to a minimum, especially since there's a few smaller children and I'd feel bad waking them from a nap or whatever. Never had a cop called on me, and the neighbor across my street is a dispatcher for the local cops.

Haha right when I got into systems 2 years ago I was playing full tilt in front of the movies and a cop came outta no where. Got a ticket for $100 and was sentenced to take defensive driving classes. I know what I did was stupid and wrong, but I didn't know back then :P

Cops have been to my house a few times for music. Nobody in the range of my music cares if I play for a few minutes once a week or so. So I do it every now-n-then. One lady does care, but she told me she didn't when I asked, so she ended up calling the cops. There are no noise violations where I live, so technically the cops can't write me a ticket or anything for it unless it's repeated in 1 day or past midnight, or well that's what one of the cops has told me. But since I don't have a noise violation here, I let the woman have it every now-n-then. And by the way I'm not talking about playing EARLY in the morning or late at night. I've NEVER once played it past 6 p.m., and never played it before 1 p.m. But for some reason it still gets on her nerves... Oh well :)

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

i used the 10 pm noise ordinance plea before and the cops told me no matter what time of the day it is its disturbing the peace and you can get a ticket so check your laws

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i used the 10 pm noise ordinance plea before and the cops told me no matter what time of the day it is its disturbing the peace and you can get a ticket so check your laws

Well, the cop I talked to when he paid me a visit, said he couldn't give me a ticket but only tell me to turn it down. I asked him what could cause him to give me a ticket. He said if they have to come back repeated in 1 day, or if they get a phone call about it after midnight. I'll gladly call my buddies dad which is a cop in my county and get it clarified. It doesn't really bother me since the cops haven't been here in a while.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

u got the cops called over $20 subs? damn i love HFis.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

I think the laws here are about the same, loud between dusk and dawn and in neighborhoods.

About the only time I turn it up here at home is when I'm testing something and even then it's never for longer than a few minutes.

However, I've been pulled over more than once about playing loudly in town (different towns about 3yrs apart) so generally if it's in town, a neighborhood or after dark I keep it down but if it's open road during decent daylight,. it's all free game.

What's the best way to check local laws without walking into a police department? Cops make me nervous.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

Archived