Sonic Electronix

Alpine Type R & MRP-M500 Amp

Hey everyone I have searched the internet and smd forums but I cannot find any reliable information on the Alpine MRP-M500 amp. Basically when I purchased my 12" alpine type r from the local (and only) authorized store within like 50 miles of my house the guy told me it was wired to 2 ohms. This is my first setup so I believed him and couldn't see for myself anyway because it came in a box. The sub is actually at 4ohms because it is a DVC 2ohm type R so it can only be wired to 4 ohms or 1 ohms with a single woofer. Can the M500 amp handle the sub if I wire it to 1 ohm because it doesn't say it can't handle 1ohm loads in the manual but it also doesn't say it can. Thanks for any help it is much appreciated.

/////ALPINE

66473.gif

How long ago did you buy it? If it wasn't too long ago I'd go back and demand they give you a dual 4 ohm sub.

I'd assume the amp would go into protect if you give it a 1 ohm load.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I checked Cruthfield, Sonic Electronix, and even Alpine's site and they all said 300W x 1 @ 4 ohms and 500W x 1 @ 2 ohms. It's not rated at 1 ohm on any of the sites, so I wouldn't suggest running it at 1 ohm. Unless someone comes on here who's used it before and says 1 ohm is feasible.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

they also say the mrp-m2000 isnt 1ohm stable, and i beat on it at 1ohm

id try it.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Thanks for all the fast replies, I bought it just about a year ago, so I wouldn't bother with trying to trade... probably be a big hassle, but the amp was only like 190 bucks and I've gotta so many hours of enjoyment out of it, so ill go for running it with a 1 ohm load lol! thanks for the help... if it dies ... upgrade time! haha

/////ALPINE

66473.gif

I ran my m1000 at 1 ohm for awhile then I finally switched to 2 ohms didnt notice a difference but i beat the cap out of it on 1 ohm all day and it never went into protect

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Ive ran a few of the alpines at 1 ohm (m1000 once and a few M500's). couple of them would shut down due to heat after 10 min playing and they all ran VERY hot. as in burning hot. not the best electrical, but it was decent. it may work, but you would be better trying to find a D4 IMO

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Archived