>>> POLL <<<< What Alternator Company Do You Prefer And Why?

>>> POLL <<<< What Alternator Company Do You Prefer And Why?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What high amperage alternator company do you prefer?

• Iraggi Alternator
    • DC Power
    • Mech Man
    • XS Power
    • Excessive Amperage
    • Ohio Generator
    • Stinger

This poll is closed to new votes

^^^ Note time of post

I am in the Market for an Alternator now and I have talked to

IRAGGI

and

Mechman

Now for my honest opinion

Initially when I first signed up for this forum (Joined: 14-June 09) I tried to Contact Iraggi because that honestly was my first choice. I think I sent 3 messages with no reply. From there I tried Contacting Rob and Kyle and did not get a response back. I was recommend to try Mechman so I send a PM and got a response right away. That lead to a phone call with all the information I needed and I was planning on buying a Mechman alt within two weeks. Things happened that I was unable to do it at that time. Getting paid one a month you have to learn to spread your cash over the whole month.. don't want to starve at the end :) .

Fast forward to January... I am back in the hunt for an Alternator again and I just got my taxes back and I want one like right now... but I am really torn here, honestly.

I contacted Dom at Iraggi through PM and he is right on the ball now answering my questions and I am really liking his Satin Black Alternator. At the same time my previous experience with Mechman was awesome and I really dont want to step on anyones toes here.

Now with a SOTM Competition that is Sponsored by DC Power I am really in a conundrum... dont know if I would win or not but there is a chance. There is a lot of nice builds in there.

Honestly I would like to support all of you guys so that comes down to one thing... Price

ive used

excessive amperage never answers the phone, had almost all burn up

stinger used these for years, hell from 2002-2005 its all we used they did have a couple of issues the the fan rotor rubbing very expensive

then tried irragi bought quite a few from DOM price was competitive, once i noticed we were having alts come back burnt up i started looking at the parts being used. was not keen on used parts/cases.

also was hard to get you on the phone dom, and i had 2 shop #'s and your cell now on a good note, more recent contact with you has been leaps and bounds better. You answer the phone, you take care of warr. just a bad taste from past experiences. no hard feelings

dc power by far the best yet. period. great pricing, the product works great, CS is fantastic also a very smart guy. All new components/cases

Over the past 9 years between the 3 shops, Id say we have ordered over 80 alts to date, Ive never seen a better product/service than DC power

Just my .02

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I chose Iraggi because of price, reputation, and he always answered my questions. After receiving it, I had a slight problem, but he fixed it right away. The quotes I got from other companies were just too high for me.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

after shopping around Dom had the best prices, answered all my questions and even help figure out what would be best for my application, THEY contacted me back when i was shopping around and i think his brackets are the nicest looking. plus i havent had a single issue with my alt in my caddy for the year and 1/2 ive had it.

Dom - helped me any and every time I have needed help, any questions I had when putting my dual setup together from bracket to belt to idler pulleys Dom had the answer.. Even answered the phone at 7 my time 6 his on a Friday night, very quick to reply to emails. 1.5 year alt still kickin as good as the day I got it.

Mechman- very fast order/turnaround time, reasonable pricing, solid product, good customer service

Archived