im an american car guy to the bone. but i agree with both sides... depending on the topic. YES, older american cars last longer, but they were made to last!! nowadays their only made to last 5-7 years because thats how long they "statistically" say that the car will be in use before total failure or untimely death i.e. car wreck. But the japs havent quite got that down yet, so their cars just keep on chuggin,

as far as what car is made where... more foreign cars are made in the US, than US cars are made here. Most domestics are assembled in mexico and canada. while hondas, nissans, kia, etc are made in ohio, south carolina, georgia, mississippi, etc, etc!!!

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.

Okay I have to be honest I am on my 2nd Toyota Camry and I am one who never thought I would own a foreign car. In all honesty it has taken the big 3 (Ford, GM, Chrysler) awhile to catch up to the dependability of Toyota and Honda. My only problem is right now American cars are better than ever but I can't afford a 2010 Taurus (but I want one) so I drive a 2001 Camry (which is way better than a 2001 Taurus or Impala/Malibu. I will admit parts are a little pricier on Toyota's but I haven't replaced anything on this car yet. I can't say that about some of the American cars that I've owned. All of the CEO's of the big 3 admitted there were times when quality wasn't their main concern, but they are making huge strides from what they were putting out 10 years ago. Now as far as damage to vehicles, I used to own a 1979 Lincoln Town Car with 86,000 miles on it and I was hit by someone driving a Nissan Maxima and it barely dented my car and the Maxima was hauled off on a flatbed but that Maxima didn't weigh 4,000 lbs and I bet the mpg's were better than 11 city/14 highway.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

TRU!! my 77 Delta 88 has been in 2 wrecks. Both times the other car was totalled, and mine was driven home,

x2 on the crappy MPG!!

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.

You can go back and forth all night on which is better: domestic or foreign. It just comes down to personal preference and your opinion of what "better" is. I cant stand people who argue this topic anymore. Its a no win situation as someone is always going to fire back with a response as to why A is better than B.

And not that it matters because my opinion means dick to any of yall, but I have always been a GM fanboy. Not because they are superior in quality to brand B, but because its what "I" prefer. Make your decision on car choice for yourself and forget what anyone else has to say about it. In the end, its your car and not theirs.

1999 Chevy Tahoe

Level 4 15"

AP 3000d

Rockford and Phoenix Gold Componets

T400.2

Mechman 250 amp Rhino

2 Kinetik 2400

GET LOUD : STAY LOUD : SLAP RESPONSIBLY

In my opinion the best thing GM has come out with in about 30 years is the 60 degree V6 (2.8,3.1,3.3,3.4, & 3.5 [5 cylinder found in newer Colorado's and Canyon's]). I have seen many of those motors with 300,000+ miles on them.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

i own a 06 chrysler 300.

BUT i LOVE toyotas. my dad had a 1977 toyota celica that he bought new from the dealership back in 77. the damn car lasted untill 2001. Then he bought a toyota tundra.

EVERYTHING on the celica was stock,and kept up through the years (except for the carb, and hoses). if that aint reliability, i dont know what is.

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

Archived