You can go back and forth all night on which is better: domestic or foreign. It just comes down to personal preference and your opinion of what "better" is. I cant stand people who argue this topic anymore. Its a no win situation as someone is always going to fire back with a response as to why A is better than B.

And not that it matters because my opinion means dick to any of yall, but I have always been a GM fanboy. Not because they are superior in quality to brand B, but because its what "I" prefer. Make your decision on car choice for yourself and forget what anyone else has to say about it. In the end, its your car and not theirs.

we dont have to argue because there is no argument. just look at the cold hard facts aka statistics. look around on this site and the argument is over.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/index.htm

In my opinion the best thing GM has come out with in about 30 years is the 60 degree V6 (2.8,3.1,3.3,3.4, & 3.5 [5 cylinder found in newer Colorado's and Canyon's]). I have seen many of those motors with 300,000+ miles on them.

Ive had no problems with my 3.5 5 cyl. colorado, but MANY people have had alotta misfires on the 2nd and 5ths cylinder.

But yeah, i get pretty good MPG with it, slow as turds tho.

I would buy foreign if my family wasnt all in the US steel mills and it didnt ef our economy up. Contrary to what people may think or say, it does make a significant impact on the steel industry, and have a domino effect.

Iam PRO American myself, and there is about 10 reasons, the most important is

Quality

reliability

Performance based on what car you buy

supporting US Economy, jobs for you and your neighbor

I also have driven american, about 7 out of 10 cars I have owned, or driven

But the #1 thing is, which has been stated, is the driver of the car, I HAVE SEEN THIS!

Many years is the auto parts field, most people who have import cars are more honest, and routine about things, meaning they don't buy a car, and start racing it, they take care of them, so there cars take of the owner

Now, american cars, people will buy a corvette, camaro, Firebird, whatever it is, and start beating the shit out of it straight from the sales lot

Usually import cars are not abused until the second owner, to 3rd owner- I'am sure that is a fact somewhere on this

My father before he died gave me his very well maintained Plymouth Breeze, very nice car - 400,000 miles, and taken to the shop every 3,000, 12,000 and 36,000miles for its regular check ups. Ran perfect before I got it, but guess what?

I punched it at a intersection one day to beat a yellow light, it went from 4th gr to 2second gear, killed the speed sensors, fixed it, did something similar, and killed the transmission- Just by switching from a very good care taker of the car, to someone like me, who wanted to race it.. lol

I have a 2000 Denali, its got the 5.7 Vortec, and is a very ballsy engine, I drive my truck like its a corvette, its not on the road for 2 reason,

SMOG, and need new tires, yet I have no issues with it whatsoever, awesome truck, and drives like a car, seriously

And as far as why are cars made so crappy? 2 reasons

1) smog emisions controls, 200 more parts were installed on the average car from 1968 to 1982, all these parts rob power, mileage, and engine quality

2) safety- changing to all these airbags, and crush panels, well, these days you get in a accident, your car is totaled and lets just hope you have insurance, but the good part is, Your alive

What used to be just a fender bender is now a frame straighten, engine swap, radiator, bumper, all this new stuff- Just to save a life

very worth it , get insurance! good insurance! not the $15-25 months sht

Finally after 30 or so years of building cars with all these BS changes, american cars are finally getting it, american cars are popping up all over the place as best cars great consumer reports, looking sexy, performing great, and getting better mileage

The new American cars, during this recession, and just before have changed the Big 3 alot, and made changes that were very well needed

I personally want a Buick Lucerne, simply sickness!

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Regardless of all the "consumer reports" and other bullshit you post, it all comes down to personal preference.... period. end of story.

It's like saying an orange is better than an apple.... Some like both, some like only one....

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

You said this...earlier today...

What happened to your 1971 Buick Riviera?? FTL

i mean a car where its just my name on the title, i added my grandfather to the title of the buick incase i flip it, its easy to push it too hard with a 455 and a suspension that needs replacing.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

im agreeing with nova on this one.

"Nova" drives a Ford Mustang...

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

Regardless of all the "consumer reports" and other bullshit you post, it all comes down to personal preference.... period. end of story.

It's like saying an orange is better than an apple.... Some like both, some like only one....

his thread claimed that American cars are more reliable than imports. that is false. its not personal preference, its cold hard facts. end of story

Archived