Couch + Woofers?

So I have a sub box sitting in my room and i was staring at it while on my couch (go figure) and started wondering if anyone had built some kind of home audio woofer setup into a couch/chair? Maybe built into a surround sound system or something.

Here's a rough mock-up of what I'm talking about. And of course the woofers would be in a box built under the cushions.

Untitled-2.png

Oh, and i found out you don't want to search for 'couch' using Yahoo images. NSFW.

Ive done boxes that fit the side profile of couches, and worked, sounded great

under couch would be sweet, an you would definitely feel the vibration very good

another thing I have done, is go to target, and buy some generic ottomans that have the open area inside, usually about 1.5cf inside, build a box that slides in to that, and you have a instant foot massager

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

There was someone on here who hooked 4 transducers under their couch and used it as a subwoofer in their home theater. I bet it gave great massages too :lol:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

just did it, safe search is OFF, didnt find anything dirty

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

just did it, safe search is OFF, didnt find anything dirty

Once you get a few pgs in is where i saw it.

And yeah I think downfiring may have a better result. Also like the ottoman idea, may have to try some of these ideas when i pull my old speakers.

Once you get a few pgs in is where i saw it.

And yeah I think downfiring may have a better result. Also like the ottoman idea, may have to try some of these ideas when i pull my old speakers.

we really cant say anything till we see ur sofa. u could always build a parts express ~boogieman~

http://www.parts-express.com/projectshowca...oject=Boogieman

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Archived