Sonic Electronix

HELP ME TALK HIM OUT OF IT!!

well i thought the budget was no more then 400 for subs, unless i read wrong

and he doesnt need to go over the RMS of the XL, he can get a nice lil 1500 rms amp and do the big 3 and maybe add a batt in the back and should be fine with maybe voltage dropping into the 13s, if his stock alt is nice

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

theres no need for an XL a normal level 4 would be more then enough for him especially with budget

bigger sub = bigger amp = more money spent on electrical

I was thinking the same, better off buying more cone area instead of a sub with higher power handling.

2 lvl 3 15s would be better the cvx's IMO.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Ha I have done that before, and would do it, but it's a friend of a friend and he wants me to do the entire build.And I don't want a Tahoe, that has so much potential, that I built, to be riding around with a pair of Kicker 15s in it.I was thinking 1 DC Level 4 XL 18 would possibly be on that level as well, but I was looking for more experienced input with DC, as I have not done anything with the XLs or alot with the name brand in general.

if he wants you to build it and help him, tell him to stfu and do what you say or else you wont help him.

Alright so I got a guy that is just dying to have some bass.All he wants to do for subs is Kicker gear.I think there is much better stuff out there for the money and I would like for him to run with something like DC, Fi, Ascendant, DD, Sundown, AudioQue, etc. etc. He wanted (2) CVX 15s that I could get him for $329. He doesn't want to spend over $500, I know that for sure, and would prefer to stick around $400.I was thinking some DC Level 3 15s would pound, but I want to make sure they would be louder than the CVXs.I know DC rates their subs rather conservatively.What do ya'll think?Recommendations? Input?

Setup will be going in a 2004 Chevy Tahoe and amp will be chosen after the subs are picked.

I know just a few days ago BeAlLsTaR13 did a direct swap from CVX 12's to DC LVL 3's and the CVX's where louder off the same power(AQ 1200d), but the DC's sounded better. Though the box may not be built for the LVL3's the box specs for the CVX and the LVL3 are almost the same. Here is the exact post.

it was for a test, but yes.. on the same power the dc lvl 3 didnt get AS LOUD, but SOUNDED hella better.. after about 5min of hard play they started to get a little stinky though so i had to back down lol

So really you cant compare the two, even if they are both in boxes built to specs, the CVX 15's are rated at 1000rms while the LVL3's are rated at 600rms.

So if given both there rms rating you are comparing relitivaly the same cone area. But the CVX system would be 800rms larger than the LVL3 system. So it is quite uneven.

IMO CVX over LVL3(for SPL) and LVL4 over CVX.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I know just a few days ago BeAlLsTaR13 did a direct swap from CVX 12's to DC LVL 3's and the CVX's where louder off the same power(AQ 1200d), but the DC's sounded better. Though the box may not be built for the LVL3's the box specs for the CVX and the LVL3 are almost the same. Here is the exact post.

So really you cant compare the two, even if they are both in boxes built to specs, the CVX 15's are rated at 1000rms while the LVL3's are rated at 600rms.

So if given both there rms rating you are comparing relitivaly the same cone area. But the CVX system would be 800rms larger than the LVL3 system. So it is quite uneven.

OT : The thing you gotta remember is that the DCs were brand new.. so they were still really really stiff, im sure you asked him 3-4 weeks down the road after steady bumpin, they would prob be considerably close to the same sound, if not louder

on topic: If he wants to buy the kicker, make sure to inform him once his warrenty runs out, and he blows them he cant get them reconed..

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

if he wants you to build it and help him, tell him to stfu and do what you say or else you wont help him.

That's kind of harsh one thing is helping with the build but choosing his equipment is another thing.

RF_power_product.gif

thats to be expected. the lvl 3 is an sql sub, and lower rms. I would just stick with the kickers, I dont see what the big deal is honestly its going to be loud enough for his application. You guys are talking like the sub is a piece of shit or something.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

direct upgrade and install, my XL 15s were louder *to ear* than my regular lvl 4 15s with lvl 5 coils from direct drop in *brand new XLs* same box same amp same settings... and same coil config

i must be under the wrong impression, but i thought the XL's were lvl 4 subs with lvl 5 coils? he got so many orders for em he just decided to call them lvl 4 XL?

naa XL has a bigger motor and different specs

Team DC Audio

Archived