Sonic Electronix

HELP ME TALK HIM OUT OF IT!!

Alright so I got a guy that is just dying to have some bass.All he wants to do for subs is Kicker gear.I think there is much better stuff out there for the money and I would like for him to run with something like DC, Fi, Ascendant, DD, Sundown, AudioQue, etc. etc. He wanted (2) CVX 15s that I could get him for $329. He doesn't want to spend over $500, I know that for sure, and would prefer to stick around $400 for just the SUBS.I was thinking some DC Level 3 15s would pound, but I want to make sure they would be louder than the CVXs.I know DC rates their subs rather conservatively.What do ya'll think?Recommendations? Input?

Setup will be going in a 2004 Chevy Tahoe and amp will be chosen after the subs are picked.

let him buy whatever he wants if he wont listen to you then show him up with your setup

WINNAR

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

let him buy whatever he wants if he wont listen to you then show him up with your setup

Ha I have done that before, and would do it, but it's a friend of a friend and he wants me to do the entire build.And I don't want a Tahoe, that has so much potential, that I built, to be riding around with a pair of Kicker 15s in it.I was thinking 1 DC Level 4 XL 18 would possibly be on that level as well, but I was looking for more experienced input with DC, as I have not done anything with the XLs or alot with the name brand in general.

I LOVE my XL 15s... what amps are he going with? that will really make your decision if you are going to do his system for him..

edit

direct upgrade and install, my XL 15s were louder *to ear* than my regular lvl 4 15s with lvl 5 coils from direct drop in *brand new XLs* same box same amp same settings... and same coil config

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

theres no need for an XL a normal level 4 would be more then enough for him especially with budget

bigger sub = bigger amp = more money spent on electrical

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived