Sonic Electronix

HELP ME TALK HIM OUT OF IT!!

But if this kid wants to brag to his other bass-illiterate friends, saying he has two DC subs isn't as cool as saying he has two kickers. For most of you, two DC lvl3's would be best, but I think for this guy, what's best is what he has chosen already. He's not going for the best sound possible. He's going for loud and impressive.

he can brag to his friends about his DC subs when he is louder than them. quite possibly the only way to show up a noob that doesnt know about "underground" audio.

As far as everyone critiquing my retailing, you are in the wrong thread.It's up to me as the installer/builder and retailer to choose what I think he should go with from his desired goals and wanted results.If some one came to me and said they wanted a Jensen head unit, I would tell him the Wal-Mart is two miles south on the right, and that I don't sell that junk.He has no experience whatsoever in car audio, and it's a long-time hobby of mine.While I am not referring to Kicker as junk equipment, I do believe that there is much better out there for the money.For what he wanted, Kicker was not the best option for him, but he couldn't pull away from the name and title.And while I am a firm believer of the install being 90% of the job, it is just plain idiotic to say that the product doesn't matter. If the product didn't matter then their wouldn't be a need for Fi, Digital Designs, DC, etc.And the reason there are companies out there making so much money off of people is because there are so many people that don't care about quality, people that don't know, and people that are simply looking for a certain wattage on an amp and don't really care to do any research.

this thread is ridiculous...

a level 4 xl has a completely different motor than the level 4!

the OP was correct with 2 level 3 15's as his choice. Dont let us deter you my friend, you were on the right track!

Thanks man I know.I was on the phone with Rusty for a while today after he finished building what he referred to as a "boatload of subs" for some lucky customers.We actually brought you up and he said he is going to try to make a trip to a show in like two weeks (?) he said and check out the beast.I asked him if he was going to SBN or not and he said he wasn't sure; it depends on how work is going at the time.I was curious if the Jeep would be there?

Rusty did admit that the Level 4s is what he would recommend to take them out, but I'm just going to let the customer learn the hard way by doing up another guy's Yukon that he hangs out with.I'll use DC and then wait for him to come back complaining that he wants to now be like his friend and do DC.

I would take the CVX over the level 3 if all he wants is to get loud.

exactly. the cvx would get louder then 3s.

only go for the DC if its 4 n up.

cuss i think the cvx are louder.

Edit: even rusty said that it'll take the 4's to do em.

For what he wanted, Kicker was not the best option for him, but he couldn't pull away from the name and title.
Sounds like to me part of what he wanted WAS the kicker name... Like I said, it's not all about the best sound to a lot of people. There is a certain prestige in his mind to own kickers. Just like why people buy many expensive cars. Half the time they aren't much better then many cheaper cars, but you pay for the name and prestige. DC isn't well known. There isn't a name to pay for like with kicker. I do think they would get louder anyways. Just because it's DC does not make it louder then everything. It seems like that's how a lot of people on here think though...

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

I can count on two hands the number of posts out of all of these that were actually responses that answered my question and told me something that I was looking for.Just so everyone knows, he is going with the CVXs.I have better things to do and bigger builds to plan for than to waste my time trying to convince some one to believe some one that spends all their time in car audio and doesn't know anything about it.So while I do appreciate the help and feedback, this is a dead thread now, as I was just looking for everyone's input, but a final decision has been made.So thanks for looking and keep an eye out for the build coming up sometime soon in the build logs.Thanks.

OT : The thing you gotta remember is that the DCs were brand new.. so they were still really really stiff, im sure you asked him 3-4 weeks down the road after steady bumpin, they would prob be considerably close to the same sound, if not louder

on topic: If he wants to buy the kicker, make sure to inform him once his warrenty runs out, and he blows them he cant get them reconed..

[/qu

were can u buy dc subs ??cant find em anywere near me

cowboys_logo.gif

were can u buy dc subs ??cant find em anywere near me

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/contact.html

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

Kickers will get louder just watch my vids and it's in my build log

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It does not matter what "air compressor" you use as long as it distributes the amout of air he wants. Now if the woofers actually produce sound, then it will matter.

Besides,.......little china fingers do a great job building the Kickers as well as the other Asia made products(I always wonder why Kickers price is the same "Asian made" as the old USA made?)

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp

Archived