car went up in flames today

when u set the battery inside the trunk is that where it was? or did the fire fighters move it? depending on the handlines they used it could very well have moved the battery around. otherwise i dont see how it could touch anything metal.

The supports for the trunk in an impala dont stoop down lower than the trunk lid so we can rule that out. If the fire started on the back of the back seat it would make sense because the fire would dpread upward through the cushion and out to the rest of the car...thats why everything in the trunk isnt cooked (aka the battery) but baked...radiant heat.

where was your ground for the amp located? just trying to help. if i was there i could probably tell what it was...pics are hard to see everything.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Guest Scylloga
I bought the car from a dealer and they shown me the carfax...

Dude Im not tryin to say anything bad at all.

Just find the humor in the fact that a carfax ad is in your thread.

I was hopin it would make you laugh a bit:P.

Dang...

Well now I learned that battery in the trunk can still be dangerous as hell even if it's AGM. I think I will never put a battery in the back if when I get a car in the future with a system.

Sorry for your loss dude.

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

Dang...

Well now I learned that battery in the trunk can still be dangerous as hell even if it's AGM. I think I will never put a battery in the back if when I get a car in the future with a system.

Sorry for your loss dude.

I don't know if that was the cause for sure just a guess is all

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Wow. To top off the perfect weekend I had I came in to work to only get fired for the gayest reason. Wtf

Carless and jobless fml

That sucks ass, but the Battery comment made me laugh, sorry about luck man!~

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Archived