Sundown Audio

best amp for lvl 5 15s

kicker99chevy

ok id like some input on this i got 2 15in lvl 5 dual 1 ohm subs but undecided on what amp id like was thinking the soundstream xxx6500 or to much XXX10000D if thats possible i think thats to much id like to get just 1 amp but if i need to ill get 2 my electrical is good bigger alt and iv got 5 hc2400s so id like input on what would be the best choice somewhere around 1400 is the most i can spend

well first of all your gonna see some weird ohm load bc of 3 subs unless you get custom coils so make sure you take that into account. also if your not gonna give each at least 2500rms id go with a different choice even though they are rated at only 2k.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

i wouldn't go with sound stream amps, they don't make rated power unless you're running 16+ volts, you should check out dc power engineering about your alternator though

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

as long as you have the electrical to back it up, the SS amps work well. If you are interested in a SS 10K, PM me, can hook you up cheap

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

well first of all your gonna see some weird ohm load bc of 3 subs unless you get custom coils so make sure you take that into account. also if your not gonna give each at least 2500rms id go with a different choice even though they are rated at only 2k.

wow reading > you

as for an amp look into soundigital

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i'd say a big one.....lol, na

I ran my 2 lvl 5 15" subs on 2000w each, 3kw, and 5kw, out of the three, the 3kw was the worst because of the amps I was using. Very power hungry and not clean power. Look for some good efficient amps that are rated atleast 2kw at like 12v. trust me, i went through the whole buying an amp that does its power with like 14..4 volts but won't come close after voltage drops to mid 11's at full tilt

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

i'd say a big one.....lol, na

I ran my 2 lvl 5 15" subs on 2000w each, 3kw, and 5kw, out of the three, the 3kw was the worst because of the amps I was using. Very power hungry and not clean power. Look for some good efficient amps that are rated atleast 2kw at like 12v. trust me, i went through the whole buying an amp that does its power with like 14..4 volts but won't come close after voltage drops to mid 11's at full tilt

Bills

agreed, all you need is 2krms dont need nothing more unless you make the wrong box

Archived