Alarm brands: Any brand? Does brand matter 2 u?

Viper 791xv<  i have the one right below this one, I cant remember the model number, I didnt have a need for the remote starter in the mustang(manual tranny).

Great alarms, I used to be a Huge UngoBox guy, havent seen any of there stuff in a while, not sure if they are even around anymore DEI  took over the alarm market.

I wish Alpine Still made alarms, they had some kick ass stuff in the early 90's.

I would recommend anything dei, Ive been using them for years now with no problems.

As long as the alarm can: monitor doors/hood/trunk, interrupt ignition/fuel, lock doors when arming, flash lights and honk horn and has a siren output, they are all the same except for the extras like shock sensors (not a good deterrent), glass breaking sensors, motion sensors, remote start, 2 way paging, etc.

I use a rattler with no extras.  It has a built in shock sensor, but I turned the sensitivity all the way down.  I have added a backup battery and am in the process of adding additional sirens.  All of the doors, hood, and trunk will trigger the alarm if opened, as well as when the ignition switch is turned or the glove box opened or the battery is disconnected. 

It was under $140.00 and with the extra sirens and backup battery the total was about $200.00. 

id buy an average alarm nothing too fancy, then install train horns. and use weird kinds of screws like those trex screws found on motorola cell phones and others. but of course get bigger ones lol. ill gaurentee you they wont have time to figure that crap out when a like 150db train horn is blarring in their ears

I would go with a DEI model, they have the market covered & make Most of it these days. Remember the Alarm is as good as the Installation. :^

REF'Smr.wigglezdj - ROE- Traded, Hemisott - CA- Bought, BLD25 - CA- Sold, pik - CA- Sold, Priest - CA- Sold, FLOSSINON24S - CA-Sold, BJFISH11 - CA- Bought, SlainNothing - CA- Sold

• 7 months later...

im using black widow, its a older model but i found it brand new for like $12 but hey as long as it works.

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

Thats what you think. guess you dont know much.

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

Archived