ive seen this before.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Breakin?

breakdance_bear.gif

naw i take it easy on my subs for a while but after a couple of days i blast em lol

Edited by z_ro

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

some companies (RF and MTX come to mind) put it in the manuals, and mtx goes so far as to put a tag IN the terminal saying how to break it in.

now, i'm not saying anyone is wrong, but if those multi-million dollar corporations that have been doing this for years say to break em in, i have a tendancy to trust them. I've been told 20-30 hours of play loosens up the suspension, and like someone else said that allows them to play lower and louder. It also means MORE COOLING. the sub moves a bit, not a whole lot, more after its loosened up with the same amount of power. Louder, more movement means more airflow=more cooling. I've had experience where "breaking in" subs has had them last longer, i've seen customers do it, and even with my dc's i notice after 20 hours of being beat on that they stink less and sound better with everything else constant.

moral of the story is dont be dumb with them for the first 20 hours, and then beat the balls off em...

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

The thing with break in sometimes with subs with extremely stiff suspension they can't get moving enough to cool themselves and will burn voicecoils..... but who buy a sub to play high bass frequencies? Slam it full tilt fresh out of the box on some BigPimpin'/Decaf low stuff :) :hairtrick:

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

some companies (RF and MTX come to mind) put it in the manuals, and mtx goes so far as to put a tag IN the terminal saying how to break it in.

now, i'm not saying anyone is wrong, but if those multi-million dollar corporations that have been doing this for years say to break em in, i have a tendancy to trust them. I've been told 20-30 hours of play loosens up the suspension, and like someone else said that allows them to play lower and louder. It also means MORE COOLING. the sub moves a bit, not a whole lot, more after its loosened up with the same amount of power. Louder, more movement means more airflow=more cooling. I've had experience where "breaking in" subs has had them last longer, i've seen customers do it, and even with my dc's i notice after 20 hours of being beat on that they stink less and sound better with everything else constant.

moral of the story is dont be dumb with them for the first 20 hours, and then beat the balls off em...

alot of those big companies use it as a warranty disclaimer knowing full well you arent going to lay off em for thirty hours. ;)

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

possible

but my personal experience says otherwise, but thats just me. My buddy went through like 4 p2's until i turned his amp down for the first 20 hours and then put it right back where it was, and they lasted 5 years. Same with my cvr's. now i'm not saying its a day and night improvement, but it may be like 5%, and if you're at the limit of what it can handle that 5% saves you.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

From personal experience If I try and throw my 14k at my subs with fresh recones bad things happen lol Of course I run 6 extra stiff spiders and yes they do require a break in period. lol

To all those who state that you should free air your subs for break in u guys are killing me lmao!! Dont do that!

I use a 30hz tone on moderate power(moving about .5 inch) for 45 mins or so but it still takes me a month to gain full excursion and its proven to be louder.