Mosin Posted February 27, 2010 Report Posted February 27, 2010 How can I get the bass to stop distorting the by-9's in the rear deck of my GA GT? Could they be distorting cause they are Sony Xplodeds? lol Yes I know, Sony... I plan on switching to either Kicker KS Series or RF Power by-9's. Derp.
Team-Atomic-Andrew Posted February 27, 2010 Report Posted February 27, 2010 how high do you have the volume turned up, adding a amp may actually be a good idea if running off radio, a mids and high amp,
AUDIOADDICT02 Posted February 27, 2010 Report Posted February 27, 2010 Crossover? CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE; SOME PAINT WORK I'VE DONE: http://www.myspace.c...customcreationz DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB BOX BUILD: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48978 DODGE RAM 1500 RUMBLEBEE EDITION CUSTOM ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48983 PREFAB REMODELING: http://www.stevemead...box-remodeling/ G35 CUSTOM PAINTED L7 BOX: http://www.stevemead...om-painted-box/ CHEVY SINGLE CAB PAINTED SUB BOX/AMP RACK: http://www.stevemead...vy-boxamp-rack/ KICKER L512 BOX BUILT TO SPECS: http://www.stevemead...-kicker-l5-box/ RF HE2 10'S KERF PORTED BOX: http://www.stevemead...erf-ported-box/ 2 DC LEVEL 3 15'S KERF ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/115502-kerf-ported-enclosure/ 2 HCCA 15'S PORTED ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/129468-2-hcca-15s-enclosure/
Mosin Posted February 27, 2010 Author Report Posted February 27, 2010 how high do you have the volume turned up, adding a amp may actually be a good idea if running off radio, a mids and high amp, I do have an amp on them. They see I think 70RMS a piece. When the bass is down, they don't distort. Only when it goes up they distort and sound like shit. Oh, max vol I get is like 3/4 up and thats as far as I ever go. For being crap Sony's they actually get loud. Derp.
Team-Atomic-Andrew Posted February 27, 2010 Report Posted February 27, 2010 the volume may be too much for them to handle, get better 6x9's a nice rockford set like you mentioned
Mosin Posted February 27, 2010 Author Report Posted February 27, 2010 Well like I said with the woofers 'off' there is no distortion whatsoever. Only when woofers get turned up via knob. Derp.
Decaf Posted February 27, 2010 Report Posted February 27, 2010 the problem can be the pressure of the sub(S) moving the by9s cone when it doesnt want to in that case, get rid of them and improve ur front stage, utilize the by9s holes to get the subs louder with more air interaction with the cabin my 2cents
Mosin Posted February 27, 2010 Author Report Posted February 27, 2010 the problem can be the pressure of the sub(S) moving the by9s cone when it doesnt want to in that case, get rid of them and improve ur front stage, utilize the by9s holes to get the subs louder with more air interaction with the cabin my 2cents Exactly what I'm thinking about to much pressure. I do have the seats folded down though so I don't think I need to get rid of them. But could it be just them being cheap Sony's with a 'weak' cone causing it? Do you think with say RF Power by-9's I'd have that problem? Derp.
Decaf Posted February 27, 2010 Report Posted February 27, 2010 i dont use rear speakers at all because it doesnt sound good and it doesnt matter what kind of speaker you use, if u have enough pressure u will move the tiny weak cones of interior speakers i had a 03 grand am with rear folding seats with 2 re se's and eventually i got rid of the rear 6x9s because of this exact problem id rather put double the power on the front than use rear speakers, usually they destroy a good front stage unless ur crossing them over at 4-5khz anyways
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.