no oil. is this bad? lol

Hey, what about parents teaching their kids something???

Before I was allowed to drive my car at 16 my Dad taught me how to check all the fluids, refill if needed, change a tire, etc... EVERYONE that drives a car at the very least should be taught these things and it's not the school's responsibility.

And yes, this is coming from a girl!

Not every parent knows how to do those things. Some will call triple A to change their tire for them if it blows out going down the road. They going to teach their kids how to call triple A? That's why I think schools should do a class, even if it's a class that only last a week! Just explain a few basics and teach them how.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Hey, what about parents teaching their kids something???

Before I was allowed to drive my car at 16 my Dad taught me how to check all the fluids, refill if needed, change a tire, etc... EVERYONE that drives a car at the very least should be taught these things and it's not the school's responsibility.

And yes, this is coming from a girl!

same thing in my family...before liscense, basic maintanance. also driving knowledge of a standard(just in case) if you did not learn it tough shit. not everybody has an auto. another skill that should be taught by parents and school(required) home ec/cooking. basic sewing how to use a set of measuring cups, spoons. meals that dont come from the microwave or drive through. 1 sem of auto...get your hands dirty, break a nail; 1 sem of puting on an apron.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

lmao i should have, didnt think of that

and you cant forget to tell him to change his blinker fluid :rolleyes:

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

well shit, they used to have auto class at every school and now i think they have almost all been cut.

auto shop = best "class' in HS. well i had that class for 3 and half hrs every day morning til around 11...and we would go to McDonalds all the time once i borrowed the teachers truck and did donuts in the student parking lot. never ending fun class if you ask me!

Not every parent knows how to do those things. Some will call triple A to change their tire for them if it blows out going down the road. They going to teach their kids how to call triple A? That's why I think schools should do a class, even if it's a class that only last a week! Just explain a few basics and teach them how.

Well, there is the first problem! It would be nice if these things are taught in school, but parents need to parents!

same thing in my family...before liscense, basic maintanance. also driving knowledge of a standard(just in case) if you did not learn it tough shit. not everybody has an auto. another skill that should be taught by parents and school(required) home ec/cooking. basic sewing how to use a set of measuring cups, spoons. meals that dont come from the microwave or drive through. 1 sem of auto...get your hands dirty, break a nail; 1 sem of puting on an apron.

I totally agree Jack, the simple little things have been lost! The things that people had to know to survive at one time are not valued like they used to be. So many people have the mindset of "I don't need to learn to do that, I can pay someone to do it for me". Fuckin kids these days :rolleyes:

i've seen atleast 9 hondas come into our dealership, all stock, usually pretty old, i pull the drain plug out, and maybe a half a quart comes out, where the fuck does that oil go?

pvc valve ate it...

this is a true story seen it lots of times, and they run with no oil lol good motors, keep em stock

Til it runs down to about 2-3qts, the oil pump fails, and then you drive it too fast up a steep mountain and it spin a rod bearing... Happened to a friend.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

i have noticed that newer engines use oil unlike the boat anchors of past. its about 1 qt per 3K. and they can be pretty low before the valve tap starts. my yukon eats it up and it will be about 2qts down before i get a pressure flux light. newwer cars use the oil as a deeper lubricant because they are designed for higher revs and it passes by the rings to help out where gasoline falls short these days. old engines that are in great shape run a lot tighter and scrape the oil from the cyl walls better. unless your rings are worn or valve seats are worn.(or guides0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

auto shop = best "class' in HS. well i had that class for 3 and half hrs every day morning til around 11...and we would go to McDonalds all the time once i borrowed the teachers truck and did donuts in the student parking lot. never ending fun class if you ask me!

x2 we call it vocational school here aka vo tech. i had auto mechanics 2 years

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

Well, there is the first problem! It would be nice if these things are taught in school, but parents need to parents!

I totally agree Jack, the simple little things have been lost! The things that people had to know to survive at one time are not valued like they used to be. So many people have the mindset of "I don't need to learn to do that, I can pay someone to do it for me". Fuckin kids these days :rolleyes:

Hey thats not all kids.... I rebuilt two cars completely (engine, tranny, brakes, suspension, etc.) before I could even drive.

edit: and surprisingly enough... I know more about cars then the automotive kids... Half the time I'm fixing there car for them.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Archived