Second Skin Audio

Kens Recone Thread

what if you precisely cut the cone and double uped the surround.

ken if your available tonight hop on aim please

Its not really the stiffness of the surround, its the throw of the surround

basically the coil used could do atleast 1" throw, when the surround is about 3/4" maybe Iam about 1/4" off

I did have to resin the back of the cone though

I have extra cones, so I can mess around with this 6x9 more, thats not a problem. Its the frame that Iam sure I will never see again

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

no i mean double up the surround.. as in put two side by side. you would have to custom cut part of it.. but if you cut it on a angle it should still flex preety good. and you would get double the throw..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

ahhhh I see, accordion style surround

I would have to buy surrounds for 5x7s, which I think I CAN get

not a bad idea

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

get em in orange.. good ol vega style lol!!!

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

blazer

stroker 15

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

I didn't know you could recone HX2s :( I had the opportunity to buy two blown 12s for like $50 about 6months ago... But figured I wouldn't be able to find a recone for them... I'm angry at myself.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

lol well damn man... I got a business acct with a company that stocks recone kits, for hundreds of brands, thousands of kits, everything from a 2.5" midrange to a 18" pro audio woofer coils from 0.5" to 6" coils

I have been doing alot of hx2s powers, and the oldschool Power series, HE2 and a few others

if you have ANYTHING that needs reconing, or just motors laying in your garage, hit me up, you more than likely can get something nice put together

sundown.jpg

theres a power hx2 15 sittin at my local car audio shop. not blown but the suspenison is all slumped inwards... so it might as well be blown.

they want 110. for it.. how much to recone this badboy?

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

blazer

stroker 15

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

theres a power hx2 15 sittin at my local car audio shop. not blown but the suspenison is all slumped inwards... so it might as well be blown.

they want 110. for it.. how much to recone this badboy?

Well, I havent sold any kits yet, but I usually charge about $85 to recone it, parts labor, and glue

The parts un assembled would be about $65 maybe

I have actually have the full kit sitting in my garage, D2 coils, and upgraded spiders

sundown.jpg

JL W1 brought to me by a forum member

DSCN2400.jpg

DSCN2401.jpg

DSCN2402.jpg

I used CA for the build, usually against it, but I started really late on the build, so I went ahead and used it

After this, I just may go off and buy bulk size CA containers- damn fast!

DSCN2403.jpg

DSCN2404.jpg

edit:

I didn't know how sloppy that looked when I took the pics, wow, oh well, end results came out brane new looking straight from the store

Also, new terminals, and better leaded spider, cone, and went with a D6 coil just in case

the single 2ohm didn't have enough power handling- 2layer 2ohm, vs 4 layer D6ohm

sundown.jpg

Archived