Sonic Electronix

Quick Roof at home depot sound deadening

Quick Roof with the aluminum backing is officially AMAZING for 16$ at home depot. Its in the roof section usually near the wood.

I took my roof liner out due to tons of rattling/flex from the sheet metal on my extended cab s10 and put this super tacky quickroof on and WHOA... what a difference! There is NO RATTLES anymore with 4 12s 1500 rms . I couldnt believe it. If your on a tight budget and dont want to spend the $100 on dynomat (basicly the same exact stuff) then go with this. There is no smell at all also and its super tacky. You can put this stuff on in the winter and it sticks so good that you cant rip it off. I did have a heater in my garage just to give it that extra bond but I dont see any problems without a heater.

It looks great also. I only put one layer on and totally stopped the sheet metal sound when flexing. 2 layers would be amazing for flex and to keep the sound in.

if you want your car to smell like asphalt for a month and have the "deadening" fall off your doors when summer comes around then go ahead and use it..lol

Stay far away from that stuff is my advise. If you are gonna deaden you car its wise to go with the good stuff the first time.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

if you did your homework on this stuff you would know that it has a super tacky side that will not come off or run in hot weather. And you would know there there is no smell unlike "peel & seal" and not made of asphalt people said on other forums.

So dont turn people away from this amazing product when you have never tried it...

Quick Roof with the aluminum backing is officially AMAZING for 16$ at home depot. Its in the roof section usually near the wood.

I took my roof liner out due to tons of rattling/flex from the sheet metal on my extended cab s10 and put this super tacky quickroof on and WHOA... what a difference! There is NO RATTLES anymore with 4 12s 1500 rms . I couldnt believe it. If your on a tight budget and dont want to spend the $100 on dynomat (basicly the same exact stuff) then go with this. There is no smell at all also and its super tacky. You can put this stuff on in the winter and it sticks so good that you cant rip it off. I did have a heater in my garage just to give it that extra bond but I dont see any problems without a heater.

It looks great also. I only put one layer on and totally stopped the sheet metal sound when flexing. 2 layers would be amazing for flex and to keep the sound in.

I used it in my f150 a year ago and hit the summer months of cali and it held up great.still in now.but he is right about the smell.it goes away after a two week period and yes if your on a budget its great.if you look up the designer of dynomat he was and did get the starting plat form from this foundation.

a bunch of threads on this stuff...mainly peel & seal...one was just brought back from the dead the other day

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

thanks hell a lot bro. thats gonna help me so much cause i am on a budget

1992 Cadillac SeVille STS

Pioneer DEH-P7600MD

Pioneer Premier Surround

JL Audio 10W7 Ported

Kenwood KAC-7203

Kicker ZX350x4

My YouTube

If you on a budget.... use it. It works, but this site wont support "NOT THEIR SPONSORS"

this thread will be deleted.....

Where are the AudioPipe threads..... sundown is "Paying", Why doesnt Steve swap over to sundown?

Do the math... ooops "$$$$'s"

I love the work he has done, this site is not his anymore

Steven

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Archived