Sonic Electronix

Can stock electrical handle 1500 watts rms

15 batteries is hardly stock and i dont see how buying a high output alternator is a ridiculous upgrade

I was more replying to misconception that having 2 batteries on a stock alt will cause the world to explode around you.

A high output alt is nice but they get treated like a necessity around here. 1500w is hardly the kind of territory where you call a HO alt compulsory... at the shop I work at we install 1500w systems regularly with nothing more than an upgraded ground from the frame to the battery and I never see them coming back because a black hole has opened up and swallowed their children or something equally terrible... which is what half this forum seems to think will happen if your electrical system isn't 10x what your amps require....

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

It was terrible for daily but that fact is that it worked. Unless you drive around playing sine waves you'll find your amp pulls like 1/10th of the current it does at full tilt most of the time. Seriously. I daily drove a ~5kw system with 2 batteries and a stock 90A alt for like, 2 years. Never ran the batteries flat once, and that included extended periods slamming on it at idle. Sure your voltage is a bit crazy but honestly, it doesn't matter that much. People here seem to get devastated by like, 0.3v drop, when I dare say they would never hear the difference if you quietly changed their alt so it always made 0.3v less and then turned up their volt gauge.

Volts are like frame rates in computer games - it's not until you stop looking that you realise they don't really mean shit to 99% of people.

x2

i used to drop down to 11.5 on a stock alt and 2 optima yellow tops.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

I was more replying to misconception that having 2 batteries on a stock alt will cause the world to explode around you.

A high output alt is nice but they get treated like a necessity around here. 1500w is hardly the kind of territory where you call a HO alt compulsory... at the shop I work at we install 1500w systems regularly with nothing more than an upgraded ground from the frame to the battery and I never see them coming back because a black hole has opened up and swallowed their children or something equally terrible... which is what half this forum seems to think will happen if your electrical system isn't 10x what your amps require....

LOL

im only running about 1500rms and NEED the HO alternator

but then again im not running the normal internet boner amps so that may be part of the reason.

Audison LRX 1.1k

Audison LRX 2.4

thats all im running amplification wise and without a HO alt it will rape the 2 battery setup just beating around with loud music

also these are AB amps unlike most end users so i realise my scenario isnt exactly typical...i'll recommend an alternator to anyone who can afford it though

I ran 15 batteries and approximately 13kw on a Hyundai Getz with a stock alt. I'm sure you'll be fine with roughly a 10th of that power.

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

boon you speak the truth

i've ran 4 batts and 3k in stock alt in a corsica no problems (yes with big 3)

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

If you like getting rated and some @ 14 - 15 volts then more power to you doing the alternator upgrade. Will the difference in having enough power rather than not enough be noticeable? Yes in certain situations... not in all. I don't like dipping into 10s or 11s because the amperage demand is almost 2x that it would require at 14-15 volts. If you have a bank that consists of 15 batteries then more power to you! Most people would like to get all of the juice out of their systems and thousands worth of amplifiers...

Me personally, I would rather have more than enough than not enough at all.

A decent size battery will do it for you though my man... That and the big 3

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

having a ho alternator wouldn't hurt anyways and i thought having that extra voltage means less current which is less heat = happier amps lol :)

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

All you need is the big 3 and a yellow top under the hood and you'll be fine ;)

I'm running about 1400 watts rms total with a yellow top and big 3 and stock 90A? alt. I've yet seen my voltage drop down below 12.8 on full tilt.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived