Anyhow, I'm confused if you recommend them or not? The Hesh look to be comfortable and flexible enough in the right areas but I'm worried about the top part that alot of reviews on the best buy site people say wears out, cracks and eventually breaks.

I'm indifferent on whether or not I recommend them. Hah. I see Skullcandy as more of a recreational usage headphone, not a DJing headphone. However, I've never used the Hesh model, so I can't be certain. They seem to be nice, and are labeled as "DJ Headphones" but, still, I'm not sure.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

But again, I don't see the point in spending tons of money on the headphones. Hell, the whole reason I'm DJ'ing in the first place is because I'm broke.. well and it's fun and a good way to be creative... but still. I'm going to have to DJ to pay for the headphones so I can DJ?

look at it as an investment. nothing is free. you cant dj without headphones. so you buy headphones which allows you to dj which in turn earns you more money. money earned > the price of headphones. no headphones = no money

look at it as an investment. nothing is free. you cant dj without headphones. so you buy headphones which allows you to dj which in turn earns you more money. money earned > the price of headphones. no headphones = no money

True true. I don't own any of the equipment either, so I guess that is why this is a big deal, it's my first investment in this line of work.

Up next, I might be saving up soon for something I can actually use myself.

images-1.jpg

Guest Scylloga

Torres is correct. I suggest getting a medium grade dj headphone. When I worked for a radio station in OKC we had to purchase our own headphones if we didnt want to use the nasty ass ones.

I picked up a pair of Sennheiser's dj quality. Was the best damn headphones I ever owned. Some douche stole them out of my car a week after I quit.

I dont know how long your planning on djing(like each gig) but after two hours of on air the cheap ones made my head hurt. Like not headache hurt just oh god my head hurts.

You should consider that also. Goto bestbuy and ask if they have a set you can listen to for an hour or so. Explain why and they might let you try before you buy lol.

i would use ear muffs, 2" dayton drivers, and misc wire and connectors. :]

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Guest Scylloga

So far those Yamaha ones look like the best value to me. $50 AND also comfortable, durable and good quality.

The biggest problem I would foresee with them is the plug and wires. Not sure what kind of equip your using but in the past most monitors took the huge ass jack. A adapter isnt terrible, I just always tried to avoid them. I loose shit out of my pockets without putting my hands in them. LOL.

Yamaha makes awesome shit. My desktop speakers are some Yamaha computer speakers from like 1997ish. They are awesome and sound better than anything Ive listened to since.

Good luck finding what you want. I know its a pain in the ass when your on a budget....kinda like gettin the stuff for your car. crazyeyes.gif

I am sorry I linked you to like the most expensive seller on the web. Lol.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/375556-REG/Yamaha_RH2C_RH2C_Circumaural_Closed_Back.html

The cord is also really long (if that is important).

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

I am sorry I linked you to like the most expensive seller on the web. Lol.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/375556-REG/Yamaha_RH2C_RH2C_Circumaural_Closed_Back.html

The cord is also really long (if that is important).

Hehe, even better. Nice price. I wonder if they have another model up even?

Wire length only helps when I want to sip my beer on the table. The adapter kinda scares me as if it might cause interference or something, but I have plenty of them laying around.

images-1.jpg

Guest Scylloga

Hehe, even better. Nice price. I wonder if they have another model up even?

Wire length only helps when I want to sip my beer on the table. The adapter kinda scares me as if it might cause interference or something, but I have plenty of them laying around.

The adapter shouldnt cause any interference.

Funny lil story.

When I was first starting at the radio station I only had apair of headphones with the mini jack. Was sitting in the studio bsin witht he dj and went to plug my headphones in.

Realized my adapter wasnt there. Looked at the dj and said damn it brb. Ran down three flights of stairs to my car and ran down the street like a mile to walmart grabbed a adapter and beat it back tothe station.

Ran BACK up the stairs and got everything tested and going with like 5 minutes till we went live.

About a hour in the dj says where the hell did you go? I told him and he bursts out laughing...Im like wtf man? He goes on air and is talkin then says oh my partner over here was getting ready to go live then bolted out the studio and then back in like 20 minutes later. When I asked him why he said he lost a adapter jack for his headphones and went to buy one so he didnt have to use our "loaner" headphones. He then turns around and grabs a container off the desk behind him and says "whats in here?" I look up and there is like 20 of the mini to standard jack adapters in this thing. I think I turned like 40 different shades of red. And just burst out laughing.