Sundown Audio

Crescendo 3KWP Amp

moh.vze.com

i think the gold makes it look terrible, maybe cheap is the word... the guts on the other hand sweet!!!!

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

from what i have read and what i have seen this amp may end up in my build.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

Exactly the same amount as a Sundown SAZ-3000D or a DC Audio 3000D or an Atomic AT3000.1D - all the same amp ;)

just because the amps are built in the same build house, does not mean they are built the same.

Boon is by far the most knowledgeable from what I have seen in his threads about amplifiers and their components.I'm no professional, but Boon from what you can see do they look to be built with at least the same quality of internals and guts?

Boon is by far the most knowledgeable from what I have seen in his threads about amplifiers and their components.I'm no professional, but Boon from what you can see do they look to be built with at least the same quality of internals and guts?

I'm flattered...

Whoever said just because they are made in the same factory doesn't mean they're the same...

Well...

They use the exact same board with the same parts on it. Maybe this one will use slightly cheaper caps but the difference at the end of the day will be 3/10ths of fuck all. The MOSFETs and drive system will be exactly the same. And from what I can see the input section is completely identical too. Sundown and Atomic aren't pouring magic dust into their amps, it's the same silicon as everyone else is using... perhaps the Sundown heatsink is a little better, perhaps not. But it's the same amp. I would bet a fiver you could strap this with a SAZ-3000D.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I'm flattered...

Whoever said just because they are made in the same factory doesn't mean they're the same...

Well...

They use the exact same board with the same parts on it. Maybe this one will use slightly cheaper caps but the difference at the end of the day will be 3/10ths of fuck all. The MOSFETs and drive system will be exactly the same. And from what I can see the input section is completely identical too. Sundown and Atomic aren't pouring magic dust into their amps, it's the same silicon as everyone else is using... perhaps the Sundown heatsink is a little better, perhaps not. But it's the same amp. I would bet a fiver you could strap this with a SAZ-3000D.

Haha you're very welcome.You could say I'd definitely like to know what you know and how you learned it.

Now while I'm not by any means a fan of just buying the absolute cheapest thing with a specific power rating slapped on it, and prefer to stick to well known, reputable brands, would you agree that this would be a good option for those looking to get similar (Not the same, but maybe somewhat close) outout of the comparable Sundown amp without paying the Sundown price?

Archived