Sonic Electronix

alright so i am planning on setting my gains with a multi meter once i install everything and then take it to a shop to have them fine tune everything... now the only problem is the two local shops that are like 5 mins from me do all of the tuning by ear and there is a shop about 40 mins from me that uses an o-scope. what should i do?

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded

o scope man spend the time to drive. u cant beat an oscope.

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

o scope.do it right the first time.it saves time and money.

HEAD UNIT JENSEN VM9312

4 12" KICKER COMPS

4 PUNCH 150 AMPS "0NE ON EACH SUB"

2 ALPINE 3522 ON MIDS AND HIGHS

MLA MOD

BIG 3

OPTIMA D31T BATTERY UP FRONT, ANOTHER IN BACK

2 KINETIK BATTERIES IN BACK ALSO"ONE 800,ONE 1200"

DUAL ALTERNATORS "ONE 200 AMP" OTHER MECHMAN 270 LARGE CASE

I paid about $200 for an oscope to use it only a couple of times. The thing is now in my room collecting dust :(

There is no such thing as tuning shit by ear! But I agree with just using a DMM to calculate the power and tune it to that and just lower the gain a tiny bit =] Or use magic ears to turn the gain up to get the most out of it

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

well its tough because sometimes i find that tunning by ear if they have been doing it for years may sometimes be better that with the oscope but the oscope does get you right on the money

oscope is best DMM is second best, and earometer is last

lol unless ya got big ol ears like me lol

I paid about $200 for an oscope to use it only a couple of times. The thing is now in my room collecting dust :(

There is no such thing as tuning shit by ear! But I agree with just using a DMM to calculate the power and tune it to that and just lower the gain a tiny bit =] Or use magic ears to turn the gain up to get the most out of it

You wanna sell it?

alright so i am planning on setting my gains with a multi meter once i install everything and then take it to a shop to have them fine tune everything... now the only problem is the two local shops that are like 5 mins from me do all of the tuning by ear and there is a shop about 40 mins from me that uses an o-scope. what should i do?

Think of your amps much like a tattoo you might get. If the artist you go to uses top of the line tattoo machines is this person going to produce top of the line artwork...Maybe. Are you going to take your chances on maybes? I would find an installer that is WELL known for there professional skills, make sure they are who they say there are and do a little research. Then just take your shit in for tuning. Let them do what they do and if they ear tune it, who care as long as everything sound clean. If you want check out Ray from Audio Innovation on here this guy knows his shit... find a person like that to tune your amps!

HU: Kenwood KDC-MP745U.

Sub: AQ HDC 15

Amp: Hifonics BXi 1610D for sub, ZXi 6410 for mids highs

Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors

Wiring: KLMX Kable 1/0g for Big 3.Double up 4g from battery to trunk...for now.

Big 3: YUP!

Battery: Shuriken SK-BT35 to the trunk.

Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.