my dad just told me something interesting.

toyota reported 2600 of these incidents since 2000 to NHTSA

Ford had 1000 more than toyota and GM had around 600 more in the same time period

so umm... why is toyota the bad guy all of a sudden?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

haha exactly

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

my dad just told me something interesting.

toyota reported 2600 of these incidents since 2000 to NHTSA

Ford had 1000 more than toyota and GM had around 600 more in the same time period

so umm... why is toyota the bad guy all of a sudden?

I think you know why....which one didn't take any bailout money?

I think it is retarded that people do not have enough common sense to work through a panic situation like this. I think it's even worse that there needs to be youtube videos out to "teach" people what to do. I guess the days of thinking on your own are long gone.

I personally have had 2 experiences with this happening.

My 1st time was when I was 16. I was hotrodding around in my old Galaxie I was racing another person and when I smashed on the gas the accelerator cable broke off at the retainer spring at the carb leaving the 4bbl wide open on the old big block. Needless to say I picked up speed pretty quick. The Hurst shifter I had would not disengage the lockout with the pressure on the plates to disengage it out of drive. I quickly shut the engine off and was able to come to a stop. Anyone old enough to have an old car knows that those tanks are difficult to steer without power steering. however, everyone should also know, steering a car without PS isn't too hard when the car is moving ;)

This last time was about 6 months ago when I was with a buddy helping him bring home a new work truck. The floorboards of this thing was vinyl. So was the floormats. It was also nice of the dealer to detail everything before we picked it up.

We jumped on the fwy and were cruising along pretty good until the mat (that was super slick) moved up along the super slick floor to pin the gas petal to the floor. The floor mat wedged itself under the pedal and the brake making them both useless. My fatass tried to reach the mat to dislodge it but couldn't reach. So I put the trans in neutral and turned the key off and coasted to the side of the road.

I guess I just don't understand how people can not think quickly anymore when things go wrong.

my old dodge shut off when i was going roughly 45mph and the wheel actually locked as well as the brakes.... I smashed that bastard as hard as i could and tried to turn and it took forever to stop.

• 2 months later...

i wouldn't say Toyota is going down. they still make awesome vehicles. and it shuts off after 2 seconds. so you don't even have to hold it that long. times are changing and people just don't have common sense anymore.

What do you mean awesome vehicles? Where the hell is the Supra? I've lost faith in them.

Also, I think the best way to avoid this whole 'throttle stuck wide open and can't shift into neutral' problem is to stop being lazy and drive stick.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want