Want to get into motorcycles. Need veteran help.

Thats cool and all till the big rig decides to change lanes or the mom with the crying kid swipes you-

Its one thing to trust your own skills its another to trust them against every other moving object on the road. you sir proved your point with "when i get my first bike" in your first post. In a straight line I can probably teach the OP to ride on a busa but that in no way means he can navigate city traffic with enough control of throttle and brake etc to safely commute with a bunch of retards every day.

I hope for your own sake your careful with that future "turbo busa"

-Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14
spelling

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Thats cool and all till the big rig decides to change lanes or the mom with the crying kid swipes you-

Its one thing to trust your own skills its another to trust them against every other moving object on the road. you sir proved your point with "when i get my first bike" in your first post. In a straight line I can probably teach the OP to ride on a busa but that in no way means he can navigate city traffic with enough control of throttle and brake etc to safely commute with a bunch of retards every day.

I hope for your own sake your careful with that future "turbo busa"

-Drew

Your gonna have retards regardless of the motorcycle you choose.

edit: Just b/c I don't personally own a motorcylce doesn't mean I haven't riden one illegally. My friend went from a dirtbike to a cbr1000 at 16 guess what... He's not dead.

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

YES! exactly! and things like power, center of gravity, rider posture, and weight all play a role into how the rider operates the bike. I learned to ride a 2002 Harley Deuce with 34 degrees of rake and almost 700lbs and rides in NO WAY like the bike I suggested. Even things as simple as the "race tuck" of the Gxxrs and R6s will change the way you corner and go through evasive maneuvers. The fz6 is a nice punch in a light weight user friendly bike and will help his confidence, technique, and overall rider skill whereas a busa, gxxr 1k or R1 will not.

-Drew

**I'd jump on any bike and ride it- because I have experience like your friend has. OP does not. (none zilch nada)

Edited by Noobtastic14

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

DOn't know if they sell them in the US.

But the aprilia RS250 or a Yamaha tzr250 (or even the 125cc versions, they are 2stroke, so even the 125cc version get's to 60mph in about4.5-5seconds) is a really nice beginner bike, not too heavy, rides easy, looks nice, also doesn't needs to be upgraded after a year or 2.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I believe two stroke street legal bikes were banned a LONG time ago here in the US. Only ones I have seen were early made in the 80s iirc.

I think it would be sick to get a large displacement two stroke to mob around the streets

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

I suggest if you are seriously interested in getting a bike that you do indeed look into this website: http://www.msf-usa.org/

It is a course that is part written, and part actual riding to help you become more friendly on a bike. Even if you have never been on a bike they teach you and over a (3 day course when I took it) will get you comfortable riding. Also, riding a sport bike(such as an R6) is NOTHING like a dirtbike. If you assume it is "just like a dirtbike with more power" you are in for a rude awakening.

aggballeralex

The Build

IMG_0019.jpg

I have an 08 Yam R6, I don't suggest getting a 600 or 1000 if you don't feel confident. They are easy to ride once they get moving.

But going slow, parking lots u-turns are where you will run into problems with a sportbike.

If that Yam 250 is street legal that would be a great choice. Kawasucky also has a 250 ninja that would be great also. The 08-09s, I think changed the styling alot and it looks more like the Gizzer 600 and 1000s.

That Gizzer styled 250 or the Yam 250 will handle better then a 600 and 10x better then a 1000. They are lightweight and have a good amount of power. If I came across one i'd love to pick one up, they are a blast to ride.

A cruiser such as a harley is also an option if you like the sound of wet farts :rolleyes: Yamaha makes a warrior, it would be a great cruiser. It will eat harleys all day and look great doing it.

Yes I am biased... :ph34r:

Regardless what you end up riding, take the MSF class. It really can save your life.

Edited by ktm300

Fisrt step if you've never rode before is take the riders saftey course. Then shop around and get a cheaper first bike-I'd recommend a older 600cc sport bike if that's what you want, you'll get bored of the 250 really fast. I now own a 2006 gsxr 600 and a 2000 zx12r, and let me tell you I've rode bikes for around 22 years and the zx12 can still scare the hell out of me everytime I ride it. A 600 is a great starter bike if you use your head and be very careful until you get perfectly comfortable riding it and then still ride with caution at all times.

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

Fisrt step if you've never rode before is take the riders saftey course. Then shop around and get a cheaper first bike-I'd recommend a older 600cc sport bike if that's what you want, you'll get bored of the 250 really fast. I now own a 2006 gsxr 600 and a 2000 zx12r, and let me tell you I've rode bikes for around 22 years and the zx12 can still scare the hell out of me everytime I ride it. A 600 is a great starter bike if you use your head and be very careful until you get perfectly comfortable riding it and then still ride with caution at all times.

you only screw up big once on a motorcycle. start small and work up at your own pace. when i mean small i am not talking about a brand new 600 some of these are tenths of a second off of there big bro 1000's in the 1/4 mile. get late 80s to early 90's 600 and get real comfortable with that