Sonic Electronix

i drive an opel astra. 60A is the biggest alt available :(

the fs of the btl is 31 hz whereas the l7s fs is around 26 hz.

ill probably go with the l7s.

Opel is part of GM. I bet you you could cram the alt off another vehicle in there.

I would take the BTL personally, it'll take more power than those L7's combined any day. But with only a 2610 to power it it's a tougher decision. Probably the L7s I guess...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I was a die hard kicker fan for years, but they are now made in China so they loose my vote. I have run and currently still have an 06 l7 15, but I don't run it any more. I have moved on to speakers that I can fix if they blow, Kicker now just gives you money towards a new speaker and it isn't much. Look into DC or some other brands before you make your choice. Just my 2 cents.

2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad

i already considered 2 15 btls but i would need to run at least 4 kw rms. to run such a setup properly would cost ~ 1000$ more than to run 2 15 l7s.

maybe in a few years ^^ im still student...

and i think the btls would just gain 3-4 db more.

ya i hear ya man. thats why i have the setup i do. im a student too and money is tight all the time. i just got a healthy tax return and blew it all on new audio shit haha.

and as far as 10 cu ft vs 12 cu ft i honestly couldnt tell you. ive only heard mine in the 10 cu ft. but im sure if you tune the port right it would sound pretty good.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Archived